Trump not invited to McCain's funeral

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Trump not invited to McCain's funeral

Post by _MeDotOrg »

So the word is that McCain does not want Donald Trump at his funeral. I've have also heard that he will invite Vice President Pence, and Barack Obama, his opponent in 2008, will be giving the eulogy.

I would imagine that this is unprecedented in our history: a U.S. Senator does not want the President of his own party at his funeral. Maybe McCain thinks that guys who like guys who don't get caught would be bored sitting at a funeral for a guy who got caught.

Donald Trump never apologized to John McCain for trivializing not only his suffering, but the suffering of all prisoners of war. Orin Hatch said of Trump's non-invite that 'Donald Trump is a very good man'. Standards for goodness seem to be falling.
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Re: Trump not invited to McCain's funeral

Post by _subgenius »

MeDotOrg wrote:...(snip)...Standards for goodness seem to be falling.

I agree, it used to be good when people of any station could express an opinion freely without condemnation and hair-fire.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

It's interesting to see both McCain and Drumpf making plans for their own funerals.

I'm pretty sure we'll be having a Drumpf funeral party. What a great day that will be. It'll be the day the earth popped one of its most hideous, angry pimples.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

My thoughts on McCain and Romney's failed presidential campaigns,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GuA5PZx3K4
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_AmyJo
_Emeritus

Post by _AmyJo »

Trump doesn't belong at McCain's funeral. He is a pariah and no friend or ally.
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

Evidently the pain of having to share the newspaper headlines with a dying war hero will soon be over for our President, as confirmed today by White House aide Kelly Sadler, who said he's dying anyway at a White House meeting. The remark went unchallenged.
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

subgenius wrote:
MeDotOrg wrote:...(snip)...Standards for goodness seem to be falling.

I agree, it used to be good when people of any station could express an opinion freely without condemnation and hair-fire.

And no one has done more to influence and contribute to that decline than Donald J. Trump.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison