Libertarian Marxists Arrested in Georgia

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Libertarian Marxists Arrested in Georgia

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/militarized- ... 04259.html

They were arrested for being masked, by the way.

That said, residents don't care for either side and weren't thrilled being at the center of the protest and counterprotests:

Jeff Nelms, a Newnan resident who works as a millwright, went to a friend’s gun shop Saturday to make sure no one vandalized the store during the day’s chaos. He called both the neo-Nazis and the anti-fascists “scum.”

Julio Gilgorri, 26, who has lived in Newnan for five years, had a different take on the anti-fascists arriving to drown out the neo-Nazis. Gilgorri was among hundreds of residents who attended a festival in the city square on Friday night, at which local businesses, churches and charities handed out #NewnanStrong T-shirts. Children drew chalk hearts and rainbows on the sidewalks, while adults wrote messages like “Nazis suck.”

“Newnan has taken me in as a Hispanic American and someone who’s looking for a new home. I felt accepted since the moment I stepped foot here,” Gilgorri said. “If we shut up and stay quiet and allow these guys to rally without any opposition, my opportunity might not happen for other people down the line.”

I know Southerners get the bad rap of being racists and whatnot, but it's nice to see how they really are come through on a HuffPo report.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Re: Libertarian Marxists Arrested in Georgia

Post by _Maksutov »

Politics turning into Halloween for "grown ups". Masks, costumes, parades. Dumfukkery Amurican style. :wink:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

Excuse me, but what the hell is a libertarian Marxist? Is that like being an Objectivist Trotskyite?
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

MeDotOrg wrote:Excuse me, but what the hell is a libertarian Marxist? Is that like being an Objectivist Trotskyite?

I've noticed some people just like to put certain label words together to sound like they're talking about an established thing. I suspect they do this in order to hide the fact that they really have no idea what they're talking about.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_cinepro
_Emeritus

Post by _cinepro »

I can understand the impulse of the counter-protesters, but I wish they would just leave the neo-Nazis alone. If we ignore them, then there's no story. Seriously. The article says there were about 30 neo-Nazis there.

Fewer than 30 NSM members, along with a small contingent of the white supremacist group League of the South, showed up for the event.

If the counter-protesters and media just ignored them, then it would have been 30 racists standing in the sun for a few hours. But now it's national news to the point that I'm hearing about it only because of the arrests and indignation of the counter-protesters and amplification by the media.

Just ignore them as long as they behave, and if they step out of line, come down on them like a bag on anvils.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

but I wish they would just leave the neo-Nazis alone. If we ignore them, then there's no story.

That would require the left to take personal responsibility for controlling their own impulses. That's not even something they really believe in nor could they do it if they did.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.