Trump U to pay $25M for "sham university"

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Trump U to pay $25M for "sham university"

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 502387002/

A federal judge finalized the $25 million settlement between President Trump and students of his now shuttered Trump University on Monday, with New York's attorney general claiming “victims of Donald Trump’s fraudulent university will finally receive the relief they deserve.”

The order from U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel — the same Indiana-born judge Trump called biased because of his "Mexican heritage" — comes a year after he first approved the settlement. It marks the end of two class-action lawsuits and a civil lawsuit from New York accusing Trump of "swindling thousands of Americans out of millions of dollars through Trump University," in the words of New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman.

I have to wonder what Trump supporters would be saying and the heads they'd be calling for had Obama or Clinton were behind a sham university that bilked millions out of its students...

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Re: Trump U to pay $25M for "sham university"

Post by _ajax18 »

Most college degrees are a sham.

https://goo.gl/images/EBQEx4
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_Hawkeye
_Emeritus

Post by _Hawkeye »

Not only did he defraud the American people but he also promised during his campaign that he would never settle in this case and then a month after getting elected he settles. Trump supporters are either really stupid or just really slow.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hawkeye wrote:Not only did he defraud the American people but he also promised during his campaign that he would never settle in this case and then a month after getting elected he settles. Trump supporters are either really stupid or just really slow.

You can add amoral, hypocritical, myopic, delusional, and uninformed to the descriptors. I don't use those terms flippantly, either. I use them exactly as intended and it's worrisome that we have tens of millions of these kind of people who can't extrapolate out complex or nuanced positions. We see this demonstrated over and over again here when we've asked the Trump supporters to explain themselves. We get trite jibes and hur dur Clinton/Obama/Hillary.

It's “F” ing bizarre and disheartening.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

And it's legal to run a sham university. It's that he defrauded the people who paid for it even within that context.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Hawkeye wrote:Trump supporters are either really stupid or just really slow.

You can't forget malicious or insane in that equation.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_DarkHelmet
_Emeritus

Post by _DarkHelmet »

Sadly, most Trump supporters couldn't get accepted into Trump University. But if they could, they would put it on their McDonalds application with pride. Bolded AND underlined.
"We have taken up arms in defense of our liberty, our property, our wives, and our children; we are determined to preserve them, or die."
- Captain Moroni - 'Address to the Inhabitants of Canada' 1775