Trump and/or Reality

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Re: Trump and/or Reality

Post by _Some Schmo »

ajax18 wrote:If the US had not acquired California and the mountain west, your people would have no where to flee the poverty they've created in their own countries.

Yeah, California's awesome.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

It is becoming glaringly obvious that Trump is the most incompetent, corrupt and most self-serving idiot ever elected to President. Even many of the people whom he chose to be his cabinet and advisors and staff candidly acknowledge that he is a moronic, petulant child. Anyone who still can't see that is approximately on the same intellectual and cognitive plane as flat-earthers or lower. He is losing the most important and best lawyers of his legal team, and practically no (if any) lawyers worth their salt are willing to accept offers to replace the lawyers who are resigning from it. Few, if any, lawyers are willing to risk being tainted by association with Trump.

ETA: I repeat again my growing conviction that one of Trump's main motivations for running for President in the first place is the hope that by acquiring the power of that office he could somehow insulate himself from being justly indicted and convicted for crimes he has already committed and crimes he hopes to get away with in the future. Some of the current or former people on his staff are literal criminals with criminal records, or have already been indicted or are about to be indicted for clearly illegal acts.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Gunnar wrote:It is becoming glaringly obvious that Trump is the most incompetent, corrupt and most self-serving idiot ever elected to President. Even many of the people whom he chose to be his cabinet and advisors and staff candidly acknowledge that he is a moronic, petulant child. Anyone who still can't see that is approximately on the same intellectual and cognitive plane as flat-earthers or lower. He is losing the most important and best lawyers of his legal team, and practically no (if any) lawyers worth their salt are willing to accept offers to replace the lawyers who are resigning from it. Few, if any, lawyers are willing to risk being tainted by association with Trump.

ETA: I repeat again my growing conviction that one of Trump's main motivations for running for President in the first place is the hope that by acquiring the power of that office he could somehow insulate himself from being justly indicted and convicted for crimes he has already committed and crimes he hopes to get away with in the future. Some of the current or former people on his staff are literal criminals with criminal records, or have already been indicted or are about to be indicted for clearly illegal acts.

I think we're seeing the revenge for the Washington Correspondents' dinner where Obama shamed him. :wink:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov