LA Homelessness Data (it's not drugs)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Markk
_Emeritus

Re: LA Homelessness Data (it's not drugs)

Post by _Markk »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Image

That's Orange County's government building, by the way. The seat of OC's government. Lol.

- Doc

Check this out...

https://www.ocregister.com/2016/09/06/a ... d-disease/

https://www.ocregister.com/2016/02/01/h ... e-fringes/
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Re: LA Homelessness Data (it's not drugs)

Post by _Gadianton »

themis wrote: I don't assume Gad is suggesting housing is the only cause of people being homeless. Only that most of the increase is caused by it. I would also add that most understand many of those on the edge who end up homeless due to increasing rents and such also have other problems like mental illness, drugs, alcohol abuse, etc. It's those other problems that can put them in situations where they are close to being homeless.

Thank you themis, I couldn't have said it better.

I will note that I was surprised by the degree to which the substance abuse stat has been diluted in the last year. In fact, I am actually surprised that the national average or LA stat from a few years ago was as low as it was. I mean, 25-30% is still very high, even 16% is high, but my guess would have been higher. The most bizarre stat from 2017 in LA as domestic violence, which doubled from the previous years I believe.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.