Schwarzenegger sues Big Oil for "First Degree Murder"

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

_Bach
_Emeritus

Re: Schwarzenegger sues Big Oil for "First Degree Murder"

Post by _Bach »

Years of anabolic steroid use is finally showing for poor Arnold. Hollywood is 1000x more culpable of product influencing murder and rape than energy companies. But ask Hollywood to give up their Gulfstreams? That would generate a suicide or two!!
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

What makes you think so? Sounds like a pretty outlandish claim, especially with no evidence to back it up.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Dr. Shades wrote:What makes you think so? Sounds like a pretty outlandish claim, especially with no evidence to back it up.

Read New Scientist article "World hunger is on the rise again due to climate change and war".
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

DoubtingThomas wrote:Read New Scientist article "World hunger is on the rise again due to climate change and war".

That would've been good information to put into the opening post, not the fourth post.

Is the article online somewhere?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Dr. Shades wrote:That would've been good information to put into the opening post, not the fourth post.

I obviously need to start communicating more effectively
https://www.newscientist.com/article/21 ... e-and-war/

Sorry
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:That would've been good information to put into the opening post, not the fourth post.

I obviously need to start communicating more effectively

Sorry

I am sure the political unrest and violence in the noted countries have nothing to do with the food shortages....how is this lawsuit by Arnold not just some PR stunt? Can i sue my grocery store for stocking so much bacon? so many cupcakes?
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

subgenius wrote: Can i sue my grocery store for stocking so much bacon? so many cupcakes?

Yes you dumb crap. You can.

Christ.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

He hasn’t sued. He said he’d like to and is talking to lawyers about it. I doubt we’ll see it happen.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

DoubtingThomas wrote:I obviously need to start communicating more effectively

Umm, . . . nowhere in that article does it mention Schwarzenegger suing big oil for first degree murder. Or Schwarzenegger suing big oil for anything. Or Schwarzenegger suing anyone. Or Schwarzenegger.

How did you get "Schwarzenegger sues Big Oil for 'First Degree Murder'" out of that article about world hunger being on the rise again due to climate change and war?

--Louis Midgley