Homelessness is it different in So Ca.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Markk
_Emeritus

Re: Homelessness is it different in So Ca.

Post by _Markk »

moksha wrote:
Markk wrote:I know Analytics was joking, but let me add that it has risen 75% in the past 6 years.

This creates the impetus where some future conservative will gain traction by demanding a 'final solution' to rid the herrenvolk of this burden.

Or a liberal Bolsheviki will just let them starve, that is after they rob them of their tents.
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_Markk
_Emeritus

Post by _Markk »

Res Ipsa wrote:Markk, the same forces that are increasing homelessness are also at work in Seattle. You keep talking about your one-year 23% increase. We had a 21% increase the same year. Our concentration of homeless people is comparable or greater. The two main differences are: LA is a lot bigger, so there are more total numbers of homeless. And we shelter double the percentage that you do. Unsheltered people tend to set up encampments because they need a place to sleep at night.

Are you stating Seattle is better and hiding the homeless...even though they hav eth same problem. I am glad Seattle has more beds.

Can you share your link with me, in that what I have read LA may have more beds? It is all over the place and hard to figure out, so give me your link.

Read this...

The agency tracks how many people use the shelters night-to-night. It found that L.A. County shelters were at 90 percent capacity from October 2015 through March of 2016. City-funded shelters were, on average, only 57 percent full.

https://www.scpr.org/news/2016/04/28/60 ... reats-fal/

It appears Seattle may have more beds, but LA has a surplus of beds? Go figure.

Karl made a great point that drug Addicts and those that drink, would rather stay on the street...there are rules in shelters...which lends to the article, and to my point about drugs.
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
moksha wrote:Do you get aroused every time you Godwin out on someone?

- Doc

Define what you mean by aroused. :wink:

The poop of history tends to drop in familiar patterns.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Markk
_Emeritus

Post by _Markk »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Man, this video from one of the links really drives the message home:

https://youtu.be/zvCGtxeknSg

- Doc

This is where the just found 14k needles. And was asked why I believe they do not spend their money wisely.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Markk, I posted it for you in one of your threads.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Markk
_Emeritus

Post by _Markk »

Res Ipsa wrote:Markk, I posted it for you in one of your threads.

Not sure what you mean?
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

I already posted the article in one of your several threads on the topic.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951