Homelessness is it different in So Ca.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Markk
_Emeritus

Homelessness is it different in So Ca.

Post by _Markk »

EA stated that I somehow asserted that homelessness if different in other states in context that a homeless person is without a home. Meaning because EA's town has homeless folks, he can understand the homeless issue here equally.

I want to make it clear that what he took out of context is that what I asserted is that the Homeless issue here is different by volume...basically being out of control, and my assertion goes further in that you have to see it to understand how bad it has gotten.

This is an example of what I mean, watch this video, it is about ten minutes long.

https://kfiam640.iheart.com/content/201 ... ne-video/#

They just kicked most these folks out a few weeks ago and gave them 30 day motel vouchers...then what?

These encampments are every where here in So Ca...so I ask the question is this different than the homelessness you folks see in your communities, again by volume? Did you understand how bad it is without seeing this?

Many of these folks are criminals and junkies...when they cleared out this camp, the found 14k needs and tons of poop.

This bike trail is a very popular bike trail that will take you from Corona to the Beach, and it was like this for a few years until a few week ago.

by the way, this is just one encampment of thousands of different sizes, from three or four tents to scores of tents. Ans my assertion remains you really need to come and see it to fully understand the problem.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... story.html

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/new ... story.html

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... story.html

https://la.curbed.com/2018/2/22/1704068 ... es-cleanup

https://www.dailybulletin.com/2018/03/0 ... by-police/

https://www.sbsun.com/2018/01/25/hundre ... ual-count/

Edit...from one of the linked articles.

Since September, crews working for the city have hauled out more than 100 tons of garbage and debris from the riverbed. The effort is part of a larger effort to sanitize areas frequented by homeless and drug users, who have been blamed for spreading a massive hepatitis A outbreak that hospitalized at least 396 people and killed 20, according to county health officials.
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Re: Homelessness is it different in So Ca.

Post by _Gadianton »

Markk,

The LA Times articles you linked to say that the spike in homelessness is caused by a strong economy that has pushed rents up too high for the lowest rung of poor to pay. Do you a) agree or b) disagree with the LA Times article you cited?
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Man, this video from one of the links really drives the message home:

https://youtu.be/zvCGtxeknSg

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Markk, the same forces that are increasing homelessness are also at work in Seattle. You keep talking about your one-year 23% increase. We had a 21% increase the same year. Our concentration of homeless people is comparable or greater. The two main differences are: LA is a lot bigger, so there are more total numbers of homeless. And we shelter double the percentage that you do. Unsheltered people tend to set up encampments because they need a place to sleep at night.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Bach
_Emeritus

Post by _Bach »

Gadianton wrote:Markk,

The LA Times articles you linked to say that the spike in homelessness is caused by a strong economy that has pushed rents up too high for the lowest rung of poor to pay. Do you a) agree or b) disagree with the LA Times article you cited?

As opposed to a terrible economy driving even more to being unemployed? Are you even close to being a a reasonable thinker?!?! You seemed to have an agenda that makes no sense.
_Analytics
_Emeritus

Post by _Analytics »

Bach wrote:
Gadianton wrote:Markk,

As opposed to a terrible economy driving even more to being unemployed? Are you even close to being a a reasonable thinker?!?! You seemed to have an agenda that makes no sense.

Trump becomes president and homelessness increases by 23% in just one year. Clearly it is his fault.
It’s relatively easy to agree that only Homo sapiens can speak about things that don’t really exist, and believe six impossible things before breakfast. You could never convince a monkey to give you a banana by promising him limitless bananas after death in monkey heaven.

-Yuval Noah Harari
_Morley
_Emeritus

Post by _Morley »

Analytics wrote:Trump becomes president and homelessness increases by 23% in just one year. Clearly it is his fault.

too funny
_Markk
_Emeritus

Post by _Markk »

Morley wrote:
Analytics wrote:Trump becomes president and homelessness increases by 23% in just one year. Clearly it is his fault.

too funny

I know Analytics was joking, but let me add that it has risen 75% in the past 6 years.
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Markk wrote:I know Analytics was joking, but let me add that it has risen 75% in the past 6 years.

This creates the impetus where some future conservative will gain traction by demanding a 'final solution' to rid the herrenvolk of this burden.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

moksha wrote:
Markk wrote:I know Analytics was joking, but let me add that it has risen 75% in the past 6 years.

This creates the impetus where some future conservative will gain traction by demanding a 'final solution' to rid the herrenvolk of this burden.

Do you get aroused every time you Godwin out on someone?

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.