Two Bad Haircuts outside Pyongyang, North Korea

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Themis
_Emeritus

Re: Two Bad Haircuts outside Pyongyang, North Korea

Post by _Themis »

Markk wrote:This is interesting. Do you believe this is a good idea for Trump to talk with Kim, or not. In other words, if he succeeds, and this leads to successful negotiations, and North Korea actually disarms...or even leads to a North Korea/SK unification of sorts, is it worth the gamble?

Um the point of a gamble is not knowing the end result. Hindsight is 20/20. At this point it is not worth the gamble for many reasons you seem ignorant of.

If he does succeed...would you support a Noble Peace Prize for Trump? If he fails, would you further pile on.

Any who could get North Korea to give up there nukes and ICBM's deserves a Nobel peace prize.

My main question is this, does he have your (Trump haters) support to move forward with meeting with Kim?

Definitely NO. While it is not a good idea for any of the past presidents to meet until negotiations are done, Trump is the most unqualified person to be negotiating disarmament with anyone. He is obviously to most ignorant president the US has ever had. Her does not possess the right personality for these kind of negotiations. Look I have voted for the conservatives in every federal and provincial election in my entire life, but it was obvious to me long before Trump started running for President he was extremely unqualified and not the person you want to lead a country. I would suggest he is more likely to make things worse then make them better with North Korea.

Can those that loath Trump, move past their bias and support "the move" that might lead to negotiations that could disarm North Korea? Is there room in folks hearts to say "nice try" if Kim is just using this moment to grandstand?

RI has it right that North Korea is playing with Trump. Trump is really not very smart in so many areas like this, and I think Kim is a lot smarter then Trump. I may not like Hilary, but she is worlds better then Trump.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

Markk wrote:
Can those that loath Trump, move past their bias and support "the move" that might lead to negotiations that could disarm North Korea? Is there room in folks hearts to say "nice try" if Kim is just using this moment to grandstand?

Like Obama successfully negotiated with Iran? Sure! I am all for a North Korea deal.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

This is great press for both men, to the most impressionable and easily led within their respective country's general population.