I have cancer

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_grindael
_Emeritus

Re: I have cancer

Post by _grindael »

So sorry Kevin, I wish you the best. I too, have been battling it, though mine is skin cancer which I had removed last year, but a few weeks ago I had to have more removed, (much more) and have even more that they are calling suspicious and want to freeze off. I hope the treatment works and you recover completely.
Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.
_msnobody
_Emeritus

Post by _msnobody »

Praying for you Kevin. I was 49 when I got my CML diagnosis. Really made me re-evaluate *everything* you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
"The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desire of those who fear him; he also hears their cry and saves them.” Psalm 145:18-19 ESV
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Just sending along well wishes, healing thoughts and sending up prayers for your day tomorrow. Throwing everything at it that I have, which granted, isn't a lot. But it's intended in the spirit of friendship.

I hope it goes well for you! Take good care. Baby steps.

Jersey Girl
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

well I am not going to pray for you, but I am going to donate to cancer research.
_AmyJo
_Emeritus

Post by _AmyJo »

Hoping your surgery went well.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer this past December. Surgery in January. Just finished four weeks of radiation. Still healing but finished the most invasive treatments will need for what I've had.

Sending good thoughts and well wishes on your road to recovery.

It is overwhelming for sure. Taking things one day at a time has been one of my coping mechanisms.
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

AmyJo wrote:Hoping your surgery went well.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer this past December. Surgery in January. Just finished four weeks of radiation. Still healing but finished the most invasive treatments will need for what I've had.

It is overwhelming for sure. Taking things one day at a time has been one of my coping mechanisms.

I hope you are doing well too AmyJo!
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

Best to you also, AmyJo.
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

I wish you well, too. My wife's mother passed due to breast cancer. She knew something was wrong for a long while, but ignored it for various reasons. I hope you're on top of it to give yourself the best chance at treatment.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Good luck and hope all is progressing.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Post by _Brackite »

Hoping for a speedy recovery.
"And I've said it before, you want to know what Joseph Smith looked like in Nauvoo, just look at Trump." - Fence Sitter