Why Are Movie Characters So Rude on the Phone?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Re: Why Are Movie Characters So Rude on the Phone?

Post by _Some Schmo »

DarkHelmet wrote:Yeah, I notice people hanging up on each other. Another thing that annoys me is how rude people are to detectives that show up to ask questions. It's so common in police procedurals, I think the same person writes every script. Sometimes the person is rude because they end up being the killer at the end, but even people who end up having nothing to do with the crime don't act the way you would expect people to act. If a couple detectives showed up at my house or at my job and wanted to ask questions, I would be really shocked, and stop what I was doing, go somewhere where we could sit down and talk, and answer their questions respectfully. But in the movies, the person keeps working, acts annoyed, answers questions sarcastically, walks around the office forcing the detectives to follow them while asking questions, and none of the co-workers seem surprised by any of it.

That is hilarious because it's so true.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Re: Why Are Movie Characters So Rude on the Phone?

Post by _canpakes »

subgenius wrote:Movies/TV are now finding more profit and academy success by "belief creation" and "belief perpetuation". One does not suspend reality anymore but rather has it redefined and replaced.

I’ve seen a Church or two do the same.