Email from SLC (politcal and Mormon related)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Email from SLC (politcal and Mormon related)

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Cross posted in Terrestrial as well. Posting here because some of us tend to stay in Paradise. This is the best copy I can offer of the email I just received from SLC. Has anyone else gotten this?

Greetings, All ~

Our cause to protect the children is moving fast and furious.

Awareness is growing.
Parents are starting to protect their children.
Conversation are spreading among the active Mormon community.
The March for the Children is gaining steam. Make your plans to come!

Register to March for the Children in SLC

Here are two more opportunities for you to help out...

First ~ Likes

Go to Protect LDS Children’s Facebook page and like it. Easy peasy.
Like Our Facebook Page

If you would like to make sure you see our posts and/or engage with them (which helps our movement gain visibility across Facebook), then after liking the page, please:

Click "Following"
Click "See first"

Second ~ Local Rallies

The big march will be held in Salt Lake City on March 30th. We expect at least 1,000 marchers to attend! However, many who want to attend can’t, due to distance and time.

So, we are organizing demonstrations in offsite locations to coincide with the SLC march. Same date, same time, different place. Imagine 30 people in Seattle, 40 in Dallas, 20 in St. Louis and so on and so on!

Every place we have a gathering, local media will be invited to cover. We are expecting the national media be at the SLC event. The local rallies will illustrate in a big way that our cause is a country-wide movement and deserves national attention.

If you are interested in participating in a local rally, please register here and a volunteer will reach out to you.
Register for a Local Rally

Our March for the Children is going to make a major impact. Children WILL be protected.

Thanks again for all of your help and support.

Best Wishes,

Sam
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: Email from SLC (politcal and Mormon related)

Post by _Jersey Girl »

ETA: Apparently all my years on LDS related boards have finally paid off since I'm now in the SLC loop and receiving Mormon emails. That's right, folks. I'm officially one of you now. Sorta kinda. ;-)

Sorta kinda sister Jersey
Chinese Proverb
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Re: Email from Salt Lake City (politcal and Mormon related)

Post by _Fence Sitter »

I didn't get the email.
Thank God, it's a miracle.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Here's the link for sign up and the purpose of the march.

https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/ ... eq=&c=&ch=

March for the Children

We will gather at the park adjacent to the Salt Lake City/County Building, then march five blocks to the LDS Church Office Building. There, we will deliver the signatures recorded on the Protect the Children Petition. We will also present the Sacred Stories of Sacred Children -- childhoods destroyed behind closed doors in worthiness interviews.

No earthly idea why I got the email. I have no advocacy or professional ties to SLC that I can think of at the moment.

Except of course, that I am now Mormon.

:smile:
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I just realized that I signed an online petition that was brought to MDB by one of our posters. Checking this out with kish in Terrestrial. It was either about worthiness interviews or children of gay parents. I tend to think it was children of gay parents.

I'm still a new Mormon, however.

:mrgreen:
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Probably shouldn't have cross posted in 2 forums. I'm making myself dizzy over here.

I wonder if anyone here would be willing to go to the march? I need someone to stand in for me.

Any takers?

Be my proxy and snap some pics of the event for us? Please? Anyone?
Chinese Proverb