Twitter Cracks Down on BS - And Conservatives are Pissed

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Twitter Cracks Down on BS - And Conservatives are Pissed

Post by _Some Schmo »

Twitter suspends thousands of suspected bot accounts, and the pro-Trump crowd is furious

Conservatives have warped the meaning of so many words, it was only a matter of time before they got to "bias." In the mind of a Drumpf supporter, unless you love their deranged maniac and spread all the misinformation you want in his favor (for the greater good... of course. Lying for the Lard, you might say), you are biased.

I don't know... if I woke up and found out Twitter had suspended accounts for a bunch of my followers, I might need to question the information I'm spreading. Of course, extreme right wingers aren't known to be self-aware... honest... or intelligent.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Analytics
_Emeritus

Re: Twitter Cracks Down on BS - And Conservatives are Pissed

Post by _Analytics »

From my understanding, Twitter wan't censoring people for saying patently false and evil lies. Rather, it simply identified sever thousand accounts that are likely bots and disabled them, pending verification of being real.

So conservative pundits are whining about losing followers--one day they have 20,000 followers and the next day only 19,000 because 1,000 bot followers had their accounts disabled. What babies! Wah!!! Some of my Bot followers are no longer following me and I don't look as popular as I did! And this army of bots is no longer automatically retweeting my crap! I am ENTITLED to an army of bots helping me spread my hate and lies! It isn't fair!
It’s relatively easy to agree that only Homo sapiens can speak about things that don’t really exist, and believe six impossible things before breakfast. You could never convince a monkey to give you a banana by promising him limitless bananas after death in monkey heaven.

-Yuval Noah Harari
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Analytics wrote:From my understanding, Twitter wan't censoring people for saying patently false and evil lies. Rather, it simply identified sever thousand accounts that are likely bots and disabled them, pending verification of being real.

That's my understanding as well. However, conservatives think they're being targeted by a biased Twitter campaign. It just goes to show how tenuous a grasp of reality these people have.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Yes, I flipped to talk radio for about 10 second yesterday and Sean Hannity was going ape-shit over this, saying he and Laura Ingram lost over 1000 followers but then said the next day they were all returned. The whole time I'm like, so the hell what??