You guys remember Dan McClellan?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Re: You guys remember Dan McClellan?

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Republicans just elected a President who admitted to sexually assaulting women. They elected him with their eyes wide open without flinching. Since that time he's committed treason, attacked the elderly, the poor, the military, the disabled, and still has strong support in Utah.

So I highly doubt Mak's past has anything to would even come close to being a blip on their morality radar.
_Bach
_Emeritus

Post by _Bach »

Kevin Graham wrote:Republicans just elected a President who admitted to sexually assaulting women. They elected him with their eyes wide open without flinching. Since that time he's committed treason, attacked the elderly, the poor, the military, the disabled, and still has strong support in Utah.

So I highly doubt Mak's past has anything to would even come close to being a blip on their morality radar.

Going back to my original response: “What the hell does this guy do for a living that qualifies him for anything other than your firearm counselor”?
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Post by _honorentheos »

Bach wrote:
Kevin Graham wrote:Republicans just elected a President who admitted to sexually assaulting women. They elected him with their eyes wide open without flinching. Since that time he's committed treason, attacked the elderly, the poor, the military, the disabled, and still has strong support in Utah.

Going back to my original response: “What the hell does this guy do for a living that qualifies him for anything other than your firearm counselor”?

He works for the church you belong to doing translations if nothing's changed since last time he was posting on the board.
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

He isn't running against Hillary, his past could be an issue.

I like Dan and hope he wins. The church and Utah need more Mormons like him.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Gadianton wrote:He'll certainly advance a more enlightened form of Mormonism based on his more recent history here.

However, I hope he's over his youthful hyper-sensitivity. Let's not forget he (in his mind) "completely eviscerates" the personal artwork of his "opponents" as well, while insisting how talented he himself at art and everything else.

Yup!
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Dan McClellan for House District 52 (it is official now)

Today at the Salt Lake County Democratic Party's central committee meeting I announced my candidacy for the Utah State Legislature in House District 52. I no longer feel I can sit on the sidelines and watch our state legislature prioritize the interests of powerful industries and individuals over and against those of the people of Utah. I am running in House District 52 to restore a voice to the Utah State Legislature that is not beholden to a party agenda, to powerful individuals, or to special interest groups interested in structuring power in their favor.

More information to come.

https://www.Facebook.com/votedanmcclellan/
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Kevin Graham wrote:Dan McClellan for House District 52 (it is official now)

Today at the Salt Lake County Democratic Party's central committee meeting I announced my candidacy for the Utah State Legislature in House District 52. I no longer feel I can sit on the sidelines and watch our state legislature prioritize the interests of powerful industries and individuals over and against those of the people of Utah. I am running in House District 52 to restore a voice to the Utah State Legislature that is not beholden to a party agenda, to powerful individuals, or to special interest groups interested in structuring power in their favor.

More information to come.

https://www.Facebook.com/votedanmcclellan/

I rarely agreed with him on religion, but I like this opening salvo.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Some Schmo wrote:I rarely agreed with him on religion, but I like this opening salvo.

Yeah me too. He was smart not to make it too obvious he's a Progressive. Gives him more of a chance. lol
_Servant
_Emeritus

Post by _Servant »

Now he's running for Senate District number 10 in Utah.