Marco Rubio: Gun laws wouldn't have prevented shooting

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPBa3IDs3s0

I hate the early 21st century. People are so stupid.
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Re: Marco Rubio: Gun laws wouldn't have prevented shooting

Post by _MeDotOrg »

From The Los Angeles Times:
"Today is that terrible day you pray never comes," Sen. Marco Rubio, Republican of Florida, tweeted Wednesday minutes after a former student opened fire at a high school in his home state, killing 17.

We'll assume Rubio's grief is genuine. But we wonder if, when he's at home at night, he's comforted by the thought that he's one of the golden boys of the National Rifle Assn. Over his legislative career, Rubio has been the beneficiary of $3,303,355 in campaign spending by the NRA. That haul places him sixth among current members of Congress.

Rubio knows who butters his bread. On Thursday, in an appearance on Fox News, he said this about the tragedy that had befallen his own constituents:

"I think it's important to know all of that before you jump to conclusions that there was some law that we could have passed that would have prevented it. And there may be, but shouldn't we at least know the facts?"

This is as close as one can get to the National Rifle Association's official line without issuing a press release on its letterhead.

As far as I'm concerned, Marco Rubio has the blood of innocents on his hands. He is complicit.
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_NorthboundZax
_Emeritus

Post by _NorthboundZax »

Sen. Rubio on FOX wrote:"I think it's important to know all of that before you jump to conclusions that there was some law that we could have passed that would have prevented it. And there may be, but shouldn't we at least know the facts?"

This kind of statement just underscores the hypocrisy and moral reprobates that Rubio and other republicans have become in their eagerness to carry the NRA's water. 'If only we had more facts!' as if there hadn't been a clear message from republican lawmakers to the CDC that they may not conduct research into gun violence.
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Post by _Brackite »

Someone needs to tell Senator Rubio that the guy ended up legally purchasing the AR-15 despite being under the age of 21. However, that guy was not old enough to be able to purchase an alcoholic beverage or a handgun being under the age of 21.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... dguns.html
"And I've said it before, you want to know what Joseph Smith looked like in Nauvoo, just look at Trump." - Fence Sitter
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

MeDotOrg wrote:"I think it's important to know all of that before you jump to conclusions that there was some law that we could have passed that would have prevented it. And there may be, but shouldn't we at least know the facts?"

Since when has anyone in the GOP been interested in facts?

Ignoring facts is the Republican way.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

Senator Mr Rubio said after being asked whether suspect Nikolas Cruz should be given the death penalty if convicted, noting that “I’d imagine most people” would agre

Rubio is just a brainless troll. I see the death penalty as an act of mercy.