Triva question

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Markk
_Emeritus

Triva question

Post by _Markk »

For anyone that cares

I was watching the puppy bowl and they had a appearance by a sloth with a trainer, and he stated that a sloth moves so slow, they gather moss and algae in their fur. I cried BS, but looked it up and it is actually true.

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp ... baJwvvHVLA
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Re: Triva question

Post by _Res Ipsa »

I’d heard the same thing, but never looked it up. I’m not sure how that affects my goal to be reincarnated as a sloth next time around. Maybe penguin is a better option.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

I wonder what one has to have done in a previous life to be reincarnated as sloth algae?
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

MeDotOrg wrote:I wonder what one has to have done in a previous life to be reincarnated as sloth algae?

Habitually ending sentences with a preposition?
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

So, . . . what is the question?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Markk
_Emeritus

Post by _Markk »

Dr. Shades wrote:

So, . . . what is the question?

It was rhetorical, that means you can use it as a trivia question. Shades, I have to ask, are you related to Data?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_(Star_Trek)
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

Res Ipsa wrote:
MeDotOrg wrote:I wonder what one has to have done in a previous life to be reincarnated as sloth algae?

Habitually ending sentences with a preposition?

My mother was an English teacher, and she told me "Never use a preposition to end a sentence with."
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

MeDotOrg wrote:My mother was an English teacher, and she told me "Never use a preposition to end a sentence with."

That's the craziest story I ever heard of. What did you come back with? Did you ask her what she was about?

I was going to ask more but decided not to.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Some Schmo wrote:That's the craziest story I ever heard of. What did you come back with? Did you ask her what she was about?

I was going to ask more but decided not to.

I see what you did there. . . that was four prepositions you ended a sentence with!
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

A young Texan starting his first year at Harvard was in need of directions. He stopped a couple of upperclassmen and asked them “could y’all please tell me where the nearest T station is at?”

The uppclassmen rolled their eyes. One responded, “Young man, this is Harvard, and at Harvard one does not end a sentence with a preposition.

The freshman paused for a second. “Oh, I’m very sorry. Could y’all please tell me where the nearest T station is at, asshole?