The best of a disgusting liberal school teacher!!! Unbelieva

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Re: The best of a disgusting liberal school teacher!!! Unbel

Post by _huckelberry »

Bach wrote:Is there anyone on this board that has a military family member or friend (or not) that finds any truth in what this educator is trying to indoctrinate into our children?

Get back to the subject of the OP. Can anyone defend this monster?

Why would I wish to defend some jerks rude comments?
_Bach
_Emeritus

Post by _Bach »

huckelberry wrote:Why would I wish to defend some jerks rude comments?

I give up. Why?
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Bach wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:I think the kind of scrutiny or opinion that HS teacher has toward the military is actually a good thing and indicative of a healthy republic. A lot of us lifers were, and are, extremely uncomfortable with the default setting the American public has with its servicemembers these days because Kevin Graham is right, you don't join the military to be a hero, and if you did you're either going to be very disappointed or you'll be put out because you're a nutjob.

The fact of the matter is I, and the vast majority of servicemembers, joined because we were willing to trade our time for their incentives and benefits. I intended to do one enlistment, but they kept throwing money at me and then they promised to keep throwing money at me even when I wouldn't be there. I definitely got far more out of the military than I contributed. That's a fact.

I can only speak of the active duty person with whom I served from '95 tp '15, in Military Intelligence, but it's been shocking to me since I retired at just how wide the gulf between your average Joe and your average GI Joe is. I can also say at having had a lot of exposure to other branches and their personnel that the same gulf exists between them and your average American.

Anyway. I'm glad teachers like him exist. They provide a good counterbalance to authoritarianism, though I get the feeling he himself is an egomaniac.

- Doc

How would you feel about HS teachers speaking out against the losers who are part of the LGBT community?

Any difference there in your analysis?

Is there any difference in my analysis between you equating military service with people who are Gay?

I mean, if the LGBTQ community were offering enlistment bonuses to join the LBGTQ Intelligence Brigade, and then threw a bunch of money at me to re-enlist in their Gay Intelligence Brigade, and then offered a retirement for 20 years service in their Gay Intelligence Brigade irrespective of race, religion, creed, or ethnicity then I would feel ok with a teacher's opinion on the matter if he felt only dumb asses joined the LBGTQ military because it's a waste of one's potential then no, I wouldn't have a difference in my analysis.

Other than that you comparing a teacher crap talking Gays to a teacher crap talking the military is akin to an Eagles fan crap talking Australian farmers for their opinion on Emus.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Morley
_Emeritus

Post by _Morley »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:I think the kind of scrutiny or opinion that HS teacher has toward the military is actually a good thing and indicative of a healthy republic. A lot of us lifers were, and are, extremely uncomfortable with the default setting the American public has with its servicemembers these days because KG is right, you don't join the military to be a hero, and if you did you're either going to be very disappointed or you'll be put out because you're a nutjob.

The fact of the matter is I, and the vast majority of servicemembers, joined because we were willing to trade our time for their incentives and benefits. I intended to do one enlistment, but they kept throwing money at me and then they promised to keep throwing money at me even when I wouldn't be there. I definitely got far more out of the military than I contributed. That's a fact.

I can only speak of the active duty person with whom I served from '95 tp '15, in Military Intelligence, but it's been shocking to me since I retired at just how wide the gulf between your average Joe and your average GI Joe is. I can also say at having had a lot of exposure to other branches and their personnel that the same gulf exists between them and your average American.

Anyway. I'm glad teachers like him exist. They provide a good counterbalance to authoritarianism, though I get the feeling he himself is an egomaniac.

- Doc

I usually don't take the time to hammer out more than a snarky sentence or two, but this has been gnawing at the back of my mind, so I need to type it out and get rid of it. I'll try to make it short.

Some enlist briefly in the military, not to be heroes, but to make a difference and give something to their country. This was true during Vietnam. This was also true after nine-eleven. Maybe it's more that way in the combat arms, I don't know. I can only speak from my own experience.

Two weeks out of high school, I naïvely entered the Army determined to do my part to stop Communism. After time in-country, that changed to doing my part to help my brothers.

Though I don't usually wear my service on my sleeve (nor on my ball cap), for me and some others, the cost was not insignificant. While it's true that some ex-service members want praise, most whom I know don't. We don't want to hear "thank you for your service"--we want investments in responsible government.

I've never talked to anyone who served who wouldn't do it again. There's something to be said for being a part of the institutions that make up a democracy.
_Bach
_Emeritus

Post by _Bach »

Update: Salcido fired by El Rancho HS.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes. ... utType=amp

Now, let this well choreographed dance continue.

Prediction: He will go to the liberal teachers union, cry the usual tears of “unfair, first amendment, pension pain” and be reinstated. The school, already planning this, will reinstate him and tell the media and outraged parents their hands are tied! This dance was well planned.