Mitt vs Hatch?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Water Dog
_Emeritus

Re: Mitt vs Hatch?

Post by _Water Dog »

Last edited by Guest on Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

The CCC wrote:I just wonder which Mitt will show up if elected. The Center Right Mitt from Massachusetts or the Neo-fascist Mitt from Utah.

As a beveling Mormon I did like Romney, I think I still do. Did you read what he said on Twitter recently? I hope Mitt runs for Utah's senate, he can't possibly be worst than Hatch.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Water Dog wrote:Romney in the senate could not be a more perfect arrangement for Trump. Romney, the sore loser, who just can't let it go, anointed by the Anti-Polygamist Women's Union of Utah and sent to DC as the official mouthpiece of the Real Men contingent of the party. Talk about leverage. Any time Romney opposed Trump and the two of them engaged in feuds, the base would rally around Trump. But then when it comes to major bills that really matter, like taxes, Romney has to team up with Trump. Because he's not a Democrat after all. No matter how good it feels to give sacrament talks from the senate floor about one-true values and our cherished daughters of god, at the end of the day there is money to be made. So then, in the end, Trump gets to revile in making Romney his little punk bitch.

How is this not a win?

Mitt is like McCain 2.0. What did McCain do with his healthcare vote? Exactly
I think Mitt is going to be another wild card for Trump.
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Post by _The CCC »

DoubtingThomas wrote:
The CCC wrote:I just wonder which Mitt will show up if elected. The Center Right Mitt from Massachusetts or the Neo-fascist Mitt from Utah.

As a beveling Mormon I did like Romney, I think I still do. Did you read what he said on Twitter recently? I hope Mitt runs for Utah's senate, he can't possibly be worst than Hatch.

I have no problem with Mitt's religion. It's his politics I have problems with.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

DoubtingThomas wrote:

What is a "beveling Mormon?" :wink:
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

DoubtingThomas wrote:As a beveling Mormon I did like Romney, I think I still do. Did you read what he said on Twitter recently?

No.

(HINT: This is the part where you tell us what he said on Twitter recently.)
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

The CCC wrote:I have no problem with Mitt's religion. It's his politics I have problems with.

But we live in a time when the lesser of two evils does matter a lot. Sad, but true. Hopefully Romney runs for the Utah senate. We need more anti-trump senators in congress.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Dr. Shades wrote:
DoubtingThomas wrote:As a beveling Mormon I did like Romney, I think I still do. Did you read what he said on Twitter recently?

No.

(HINT: This is the part where you tell us what he said on Twitter recently.)

He said integrity is more important than a majority.