Well THIS should help Roy Moore with the Ladies!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Well THIS should help Roy Moore with the Ladies!

Post by _MeDotOrg »

From Think Progress:

Alabama Republican Senate Candidate Roy Moore co-authored a study course, published in 2011 and recently obtained by ThinkProgress, that instructs students that women should not be permitted to run for elected office. If women do run for office, the course argues, people have a moral obligation not to vote for them. The course is also critical of the women’s suffrage movement, which in 1920 secured some American women the right to vote.

The course, called “Law and Government: An Introductory Study Course,” includes 28 hours of audio and visual lectures given by Moore and others, as well as a study guide. The course is available for purchase on Amazon, where “Chief Justice Roy Moore” is listed as a co-author alongside Doug Phillips, Dr. Joseph C. Morecraft, and Dr. Paul Jehle.

So Moore can add the anti-suffrage vote to the support of Humbert Humbert.
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_Chap
_Emeritus

Re: Well THIS should help Roy Moore with the Ladies!

Post by _Chap »

No great surprise. More extracts and analysis here:

https://thinkprogress.org/moore-study-c ... 402ed8816/

For at least a decade, dating back to 1999, Moore served on the “faculty” of Vision Forum’s so-called “Witherspoon School of Law and Public Policy.” Not a school at all, Witherspoon was instead a series of four-day crash courses that taught men — and only men — that the Bible is the source of “law and liberty and the only sure foundation for addressing the challenging ethical questions of the twenty-first century.”

Praising a “best of” album of the school’s lectures, Moore said, “I came to share what I have learned and instead received a blessing. All who attend the Witherspoon School of Law and Public Policy have an opportunity to share in the restoration of our Nation — One Nation Under God.”

Moore’s lecture, which is included in the “Law and Government” curriculum, was recorded in 2008 at one such “school”, and hosted and facilitated by Phillips himself. In the speech, Moore recounts his fight over the Ten Commandments monument and bemoans the arrival of marriage equality, which the California Supreme Court had approved two weeks prior.

He also openly praises both Phillips and Vision Forum, saying, “As I think about what’s going on here at Vision Forum and what Doug’s doing and has done, I’m a little envious because I admire Doug and the fact he can round up these young men that are going to make a difference in our nation.”

Vision Forum closed in 2013 after Phillips resigned, having admitted to a “lengthy” and “inappropriately romantic and affectionate” relationship with a woman who was not his wife. Shortly thereafter, that woman, Lourdes Torres-Manteufel, sued Phillips and Vision Forum, detailing an emotionally, psychologically, and sexually abusive relationship that started when she was just 15 years old.

Googling "Law and Government: An Introductory Study Course Moore" does produce a link to a very large pdf that may contain large portions of the course materials - probably a breach of copyright to publish that without permission (assuming that to be the case), but probably not illegal to read it.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_aussieguy55
_Emeritus

Post by _aussieguy55 »

"Besides Moore, the textbook’s other co-authors are listed as Doug Phillips, Dr. Joseph Morecraft and Dr. Paul Jehle.

Phillips, who was the president of Vision Forum, admitted in 2013 to having a “lengthy” extramarital relationship with a woman. The woman, who later sued Phillips and Vision Forum, said Phillips “methodically groomed” her when she was only 15 years old and said he sexually and emotionally abused her for years. Phillips resigned in 2013, and the organization folded in 2014. "

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ro ... 2a4ebba23b
Hilary Clinton " I won the places that represent two-thirds of America's GDP.I won in places are optimistic diverse, dynamic, moving forward"
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

All the more reason why Moore should never be elected to public office. How this creep can have as much popular support as he does is both incomprehensible and dismaying.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison