Tidal wave of sexual assault-misconduct allegations list

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: Tidal wave of sexual assault-misconduct allegations list

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Wasn't she in a relationship with now deceased Anthony Bourdain?
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Jersey Girl wrote:Wasn't she in a relationship with now deceased Anthony Bourdain?

She was. She was cheating on Bourdain which drove him to suicide. Also, now that she's been outed as a sexual predator she went from claiming nothing happened, to he jumped her bones, to now we don't really know the situation and we should shut up.

Crazy.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

He ****ed an Italian actress and got a big pay day. Look at his smile.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/22/entertai ... index.html

TYT reports that the guy took advantage of the situation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaAEndK04Og

Of course Asia Argento broke California law, but it doesn't mean she is like Harvey Weinstein. Any rational person would see it. Comparing her to a rapist predator isn't a wise thing to do.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

David Daniels, Opera Singer
accused of rape

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/22/64094588 ... ed-of-rape
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

DoubtingThomas wrote:He ****ed an Italian actress and got a big pay day. Look at his smile.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/22/entertai ... index.html

TYT reports that the guy took advantage of the situation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaAEndK04Og

Of course Asia Argento broke California law, but it doesn't mean she is like Harvey Weinstein. Any rational person would see it. Comparing her to a rapist predator isn't a wise thing to do.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/asi ... 25655.html

“I did not initially speak out about my story because I chose to handle it in private with the person who wronged me. My trauma resurfaced as she came out as a victim herself. I have not made a public statement in the past days and hours because I was ashamed and afraid to be part of the public narrative.”

He continued, “I was underage when the event took place, and I tried to seek justice in a way that made sense to me at the time because I was not ready to deal with the ramifications of my story becoming public. At the time I believed there was still a stigma to being in the situation as a male in our society. I didn’t think that people would understand the event that took place from the eyes of a teenage boy. I have had to overcome many adversities in my life, and this is another that I will deal with, in time. I would like to move past this event in my life, and today I choose to move forward, no longer in silence.”

Gee. I wonder why he felt conflicted about it....

- Doc

_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:My trauma resurfaced as she came out as a victim herself. I have not made a public statement in the past days and hours because I was ashamed and afraid to be part of the public narrative.”

He continued, “I was underage when the event took place

If 17 years is a problem, then we should raise the age of consent to 25 years. The rational part of a human's brain completely develops at age 25 according to the medical literature. Read "Is 25 the new cut-off point for adulthood?"

Edit to add

Should a young adult go many years to prison and/or register as a sex offender for having sex with a 17 year old?
Last edited by Guest on Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

DT,

You're cool with a 30-something adult with connections in Hollywood luring a teen actor to a hotel room, plying them with alcohol, engaging in oral sex, damned them, and them posting it on social media?

You're cool with that?

- Doc

_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:DT,

You're cool with a 30-something adult with connections in Hollywood luring a teen actor to a hotel room, plying them with alcohol, engaging in oral sex, ____ them, and them posting it on social media?

You're cool with that?

- Doc

Did you read what I wrote? If 17 years is a problem, then let's change the age of consent to 25. Why not raise it to 25 years?

Of course it was wrong just as TYT explains in the video I shared, she broke the law and it was inappropriate behavior, but should she go 10 years to prison and register as a sex offender? I can't speak for others, but I myself wouldn't have a problem if a hot Italian actress gives me oral sex.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:DT,

You're cool with a 30-something adult with connections in Hollywood luring a teen actor to a hotel room, plying them with alcohol, engaging in oral sex, ____ them, and them posting it on social media?

You're cool with that?

- Doc

Did you read what I wrote? If 17 years is a problem, then let's change the age of consent to 25. Why not raise it to 25 years?

Of course it was wrong just as TYT explains in the video I shared, she broke the law and it was inappropriate behavior. I can't speak for others, but I myself wouldn't have a problem if a hot Italian actress gives me oral sex.

She was 33-years-old with a presumably developed brain, and still did the wrong thing with a minor over whom she held significant advantages. So, I'm not sure you're understanding the age disparity issues here.

But, hey, thanks for letting the board know you wouldn't mind if a hot Italian actress places her mouth on your genitals. Cool.

- Doc