Improve your surroundings!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Re: Improve your surroundings!

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Maksutov wrote:I'm surprised Paul Cameron wasn't mentioned. :wink:

Did you click through to the webpage Amore cited? They don't need an assist from Cameron. :rolleyes:
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Maksutov wrote:I'm surprised Paul Cameron wasn't mentioned. :wink:

Did you click through to the webpage Amore cited? They don't need an assist from Cameron. :rolleyes:

I was at BYU when they were doing the aversion therapy on the Lower Campus. One of the guys in my branch presidency was a graduate student assisting there who was very excited about the great "work" they were doing. Card and Bergin were the professors most involved. See Sean Weakland's "Legacies". People are still messed up 40 years later. I have no patience for this vicious pseudoscientific nonsense.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

I have little patience for any pseudoscientific nonsense. But reparative therapy or whatever the cool kids are calling it these days is particularly noxious.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

So, maybe we can improve ourselves by taking seriously that whole "love they neighbor" stuff.

_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Res Ipsa wrote:So, maybe we can improve ourselves by taking seriously that whole "love they neighbor" stuff.

Some of us think this is love...

"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Post by _Meadowchik »

Amore wrote:There are 3 principles I defend:

3. Homosexuality and “same sex marriage” involve lies that are hurting many, especially children. Before homosexuals bullied their way into the legal system and apa, confusing your child with transgender clothes or hormones was illegal child abuse. Homosexual advocates have stated clearly their goal of “sodomizing your sons.” Homosexuality statistically proves to involve high rates of STDs, AIDS/HIV and mental illness, besides complications of anal sex risks. Yet homosexual liars would try to fool you into thinking it’s nothing but “gay rainbows.”

I spent at least ten years opposing gay marriage. But I got really involved in thinking about it and discussing it reasonably. I could not avoid thinking about the issues compassionately, either.

So one of the first things to be discarded was any conflating of ALL homosexuality and homosexuals with what some advocates say or as liars. You are talking about real people. All it takes for a person to be homosexual is the quality of desiring sexual and emotional intimacy only from a members of the same sex. That is all. It is not dishonest to acknowledge this personal, biological trait.

Consider this: even if there is something cosmologically or in any other way off or wrong about homosexuality, what is the best way for people to learn that? By force? By public decree?

Are they to be disallowed from learning and growing through intimate same-sex relationships? Is that truly the way of goodness and truth?
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Amore wrote:The book, “After the Ball” explains how mind control was systematically administered to change opinion from hating homosexuality to encouraging it.

Amore, can you tell us about the mind control techniques and users who systemically programmed your mind to 'hate' homosexuality?
_Amore
_Emeritus

Post by _Amore »

canpakes wrote:
Amore wrote:The book, “After the Ball” explains how mind control was systematically administered to change opinion from hating homosexuality to encouraging it.

Amore, can you tell us about the mind control techniques and users who systemically programmed your mind to 'hate' homosexuality?

Sure. It requires someone to have a thorough understanding of logic and logical fallacies and then years of illogical and cruel abuse, stocking, & harassing anytime that someone states anything logical but inconvenient to homosexual fanatics position. Some people will get frustrated with just that. But others have more patience and do not begin hating until they are hurt badly with friend betrayal (ie intillerance to perceived intollerance) and being constantly bombarded in schools, workplaces, media and even streets with homosexual bullying. I suppose you shouldn’t hate bullies, but we’re only human. We hate those who hate & bully us for their imaginging of us hating them.

The mind control some on this forum have unknowingly been subject to is extensively covered in books like “After the Ball” & “The Overhauling of Straight America.” But of course as people who never recovered from cult-mentality, they will never read anything that doesn’t support their preconceived notions. Thus the unknowing mind control continues.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Amore wrote:2. Rights are given by our creator - and children (developing humans) should not be denied the right to life.

Rights are given by our creator.

Well, there goes your credibility. And you want to criticize how others have been mind-controlled?

LOL
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

I just realized why women like Amore are threatened by homosexuals.

It's about securing resources. Holy crap.

They realize if dudes are chasing after dudes, and not making babies with them, then they'll have to be responsible for themselves. If people like Amore can't leech off a pack mule male then they'll actually have to get a job or a career. The thought of providing for herself or themselves must absolutely terrify the crap out of them.

Amore! Women don't need no man! Don't be so afraid of getting a job and securing your own future! Encourage women to get into the trades, construction, infrastructure, and other viable careers where we need laborers! You can do it! Rosie the Riveter and all that.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.