GHWB apologizes for Sexual assault

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: GHWB apologizes for Sexual assault

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Some Schmo wrote:A couple years ago, I went to a restaurant where I know most of the staff and was sitting talking to some of them when one of the hostesses came up behind me and put her arm around me to say hi. Knowing who it was and without looking, I reached behind me over my shoulder, and meaning to pat her arm, I patted her breast. The others at the table started laughing, and I was wondering what was funny. They told me what I had done, and I guess my face turned beet red. This is someone I know very well, who I know likes me very much, and with whom I've shared many cheek kisses, and yet I still felt horrible about it. She didn't seem to care; she was laughing with the rest of them, but that didn't matter. It was a mistake I didn't like making and I apologized for it.

The last thing it would occur to me to say in that situation would be something like, "Nice soft breast you've got there..."

So, you basically murdered her. With a gun.

What's with all the male feminists being outed lately? They're real 'grab 'em by the booty' types aren't they?

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

I thought this cartoon was somehow appropriate given where we're at now politically:

image storage server
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Um, let's think.

Say the GI in the first two frames was 20 in 1945.

So in 2017 he is .... yup, 92.

Somehow I don't think anybody who fought in WWII is likely to find themselves participating today in a right-wing nationalist demonstration where someone might take them for a Nazi, do you? And vice versa: no-one who takes part in a right-wing nationalist demonstration is likely to have fought the Nazis.

So the mini-strip is just a leetle tiny bit crappily misleading, no? But I bet it goes down a treat with the kind of Fox-viewing dummies who think WWII happened under LBJ.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

I find it psychologically fascinating you'd assume the old man would be attending a supremacist rally. I took it as him just being in the wrong place at the wrong time, but, like you just did, the Communists and Anarchists just assumed he was a Nazi.

- Doc

_Brackite
_Emeritus

Post by _Brackite »

Old Man Bush has been behaving very naughty.

Multiple women accuse former President George HW Bush of inappropriate grabbing:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/multiple-women ... d=51204025

Are you still a Republican?

No. I don't consider myself a Republican anymore.
"And I've said it before, you want to know what Joseph Smith looked like in Nauvoo, just look at Trump." - Fence Sitter
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

The H stands for Handsy. Heh. That ol' coot.

- Doc