BYU Football is like an Armadillo

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_SuperDell
_Emeritus

BYU Football is like an Armadillo

Post by _SuperDell »

Plays dead at home and gets killed on the road.

------------

Actually, some are blaming the losses on having a Lamanite as coach. Heard some folks talking while in a restaurant and that was what they were complaining about.
“Those who never retract their opinions love themselves more than they love truth.”
― Joseph Joubert
_Wonhyo
_Emeritus

Re: BYU Football is like an Armadillo

Post by _Wonhyo »

SuperDell wrote:Plays dead at home and gets killed on the road.

------------

Actually, some are blaming the losses on having a Lamanite as coach. Heard some folks talking while in a restaurant and that was what they were complaining about.

A Lamanite coach?!? Is this for real, SuperDell?

I have a few issues with BYU, but I spent several years there, and remain a fan of the school's sports teams. It's my main connection to the university now, and when they play (especially when they play well), it's just a lot of fun.

P.S. This season has not been a lot of fun.
It is better to travel well than to arrive.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Wonhyo wrote:A Lamanite coach?!? Is this for real, SuperDell?

He might be speaking about Ty Detmer, who as a Provonian, is halfway between an anti-Lehi and an auntie-Nephi on the map.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Wonhyo
_Emeritus

Post by _Wonhyo »

moksha wrote:
Wonhyo wrote:A Lamanite coach?!? Is this for real, SuperDell?

He might be speaking about Ty Detmer, who as a Provonian, is halfway between an anti-Lehi and an auntie-Nephi on the map.

Ha! Just when I think it can't get any cleverer with moksha, he gives us this.

Well done, moksha.
It is better to travel well than to arrive.
_SuperDell
_Emeritus

Post by _SuperDell »

So, is the head coach Kelaokalani Fifita "Kalani" Sitake a Lamanite, or not? He is Tongan and Big Spence said they were Lamanites.

Sad part is that the discussion overheard in the restaurant(Idle Isle in Brigham City) was real and very, very prejudiced against "the damned Lamanites" in most every respect and this coach in particular.
“Those who never retract their opinions love themselves more than they love truth.”
― Joseph Joubert
_Stem
_Emeritus

Post by _Stem »

SuperDell wrote:So, is the head coach Kelaokalani Fifita "Kalani" Sitake a Lamanite, or not? He is Tongan and Big Spence said they were Lamanites.

Sad part is that the discussion overheard in the restaurant(Idle Isle in Brigham City) was real and very, very prejudiced against "the damned Lamanites" in most every respect and this coach in particular.

They must still be reeling from the effects of closing the Intermountain Indian School.
_candygal
_Emeritus

Post by _candygal »

when BYU loses...it is God's will...they pray before each game...and the answer will always be the same.

:smile: :smile: My Dad and youngest brother always thought they would win...after all..they prayed before the game.