ET - What we don't know can hurt us

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_The CCC
_Emeritus

uesuestu

Post by _The CCC »

subgenius wrote:And how does this make you an active Mormon in the eyes of your B and stake president?
You have a current Recommend?

Because I attend my meetings when I am physically well enough to. I have a strong Testimony of the Restored Gospel. Carry out my Church callings to the best of my meager ability. Keep the Covenants I have made. Have the correct answers to the Temple Recommend questions, and attend the Temple when I can. So; Yes I have a current Temple Recommend.

by the way I have yet to see any science related questions on the Temple Recommend Questionnaire.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Re: uesuestu

Post by _subgenius »

The CCC wrote:
subgenius wrote:And how does this make you an active Mormon in the eyes of your B and stake president?
You have a current Recommend?

Because I attend my meetings when I am physically well enough to. I have a strong Testimony of the Restored Gospel. Carry out my Church callings to the best of my meager ability. Keep the Covenants I have made. Have the correct answers to the Temple Recommend questions, and attend the Temple when I can. So; Yes I have a current Temple Recommend.

Interesting assertion you are making here, especially when considered against Recommend questions 4 and 7; or AoF 12; etc

The CCC wrote:by the way I have yet to see any science related questions on the Temple Recommend Questionnaire.

why would you? (and on a side note, "questionnaire"? are you somehow getting a written exam?)

https://www.lds.org/ensign/1977/09/diss ... n?lang=eng
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Re: ET - What we don't know can hurt us

Post by _The CCC »

Temple Recommend Questions.

4. Do you sustain the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as the Prophet, Seer, and Revelator and as the only person on the earth who possesses and is authorized to exercise all priesthood keys? Do you sustain members of the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles as prophets, seers, and revelators? Do you sustain the other General Authorities and local authorities of the Church?

I do. Science isn't a "key" to the LDS religion.

7. Do you support, affiliate with, or agree with any group or individual whose teachings or practices are contrary to or oppose those accepted by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?

I don't. I am a LDS who happens to be a scientist.There is no LDS requirement that I stop being a scientist. by the way BYU has a well respected Paleontological Museum with the accurate dates for their fossils.

While not a specific TR question AoF 12. We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.

I do, but with rare excepts. IE; When Governor Lilburn W. Boggs ordered the indiscriminate murder of Mormons. I think I wouldn't have followed that order.