HerAShame Harvey!!! Unbelievable!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Re: HerAShame Harvey!!! Unbelievable!

Post by _EAllusion »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Kevin Graham wrote:Rejecting an employer's advances and being disgusted with President admitting to being a sexual predator is hardly hypocritical.

What kind of anti-semitic trash are you constantly spewing on here? I really have a hard time stomaching Graham's anti-semitism sometimes. This Nazi behavior of attacking Jews who have worked hard to get out of their disadvantaged station in life just makes me sick.

- Doc

If you translate this from idiot, it goes something like this:

You criticize people for racism just because they criticize someone who is black, Jewish, etc. Therefore, I'm throwing it right back at you. Not so fun, is it?

Of course, since no one Doc encounters is actually doing this, it's dumb as hell.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

subgenius wrote:
Kevin Graham wrote:Rejecting an employer's advances and being disgusted with President admitting to being a sexual predator is hardly hypocritical.

And waiting to protest until it is both politically and personally convenient is not admirable either.

In your view, if a woman fails to speak up about being harassed or assaulted because they're afraid they won't be believed, doing so causes them to relieve trauma or experience shame, or any other of the reasons women often do not talk about sexual mistreatment, they've made it impossible to criticize anyone for harassing, assaulting, or raping someone without doing something wrong. Is that it?
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

Break down the Ashley Judd angle. Does anyone think Ashley Judd was the one who hit on Harvey Weinstein?

Let's further imagine that every young starlet that crossed Weinstein's path kept their virtue intact at the expense of their careers. How many people would believe their stories?

The difference between Weinstein and Bill Cosby is that the women in Cosby's transactions were drugged unconscious and abandoned. As far as I know, Cosby never helped the women after he drugged them. Weinstein came on to women that became popular. By not only allowing, but aiding their careers, those persons came to be known and respected, and their statements carried some social gravitas. If some of Cosby's victims had gone on to become famous and made accusations, I think those accusations would have been believed much more quickly.

Unfortunately I think in some ways the more competition there is for a limited amount of spots in a coveted field, the more desperate things people are willing to do in order to succeed. That's true in Movies and Television, Sports and Politics. Or commercial real estate, for that matter.
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_Bach
_Emeritus

Post by _Bach »

MeDotOrg wrote:Break down the Ashley Judd angle. Does anyone think Ashley Judd was the one who hit on Harvey Weinstein?

Let's further imagine that every young starlet that crossed Weinstein's path kept their virtue intact at the expense of their careers. How many people would believe their stories?

The difference between Weinstein and Bill Cosby is that the women in Cosby's transactions were drugged unconscious and abandoned. As far as I know, Cosby never helped the women after he drugged them. Weinstein came on to women that became popular. By not only allowing, but aiding their careers, those persons came to be known and respected, and their statements carried some social gravitas. If some of Cosby's victims had gone on to become famous and made accusations, I think those accusations would have been believed much more quickly.

Unfortunately I think in some ways the more competition there is for a limited amount of spots in a coveted field, the more desperate things people are willing to do in order to succeed. That's true in Movies and Television, Sports and Politics. Or commercial real estate, for that matter.

Are you suggesting Weinstein didn't use any drug on these young girls?

What's the worst drug: the one that quickly takes you down 5,000 feet below your confidence & control level or, the one that is equally affective to get you 5,000 feet above your level of confidence and control?
Last edited by Guest on Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

You know. Job interviews go both ways. If the employer wants to touch your tender bits you can always walk away and then report them.

But I guess that's too much to ask from a starlet. You know. Have some integrity.

But let's blame da Joooos. You people and your cryptofascism. It's just disgusting.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Bach
_Emeritus

Post by _Bach »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:You know. Job interviews go both ways. If the employer wants to touch your tender bits you can always walk away and then report them.

But I guess that's too much to ask from a starlet. You know. Have some integrity.

But let's blame da Joooos. You people and your cryptofascism. It's just disgusting.

- Doc

Good point. Couldn't agree more. You have quality expertise obviously.

Help me out here though, what would be your advice in a related senario:

"If a huge, powerful, dominating "boss" in your industry, begins to mastubate in front you:

At what
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

I'd report you to your MLM upline.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

Interesting background piece on Weinstein in the Los Angeles Times. My favorite quote in the article is something Daniel Day-Lewis told Harvey:

There’s only one part of you that works — the ability to pick scripts and pick movies. Otherwise, you’re a complete disaster as a person.

Weinstein would repeat the story with pride.
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

MeDotOrg wrote:Interesting background piece on Weinstein in the Los Angeles Times. My favorite quote in the article is something Daniel Day-Lewis told Harvey:

There’s only one part of you that works — the ability to pick scripts and pick movies. Otherwise, you’re a complete disaster as a person.

Weinstein would repeat the story with pride.

That was an interesting read. Thanks for sharing the story, MDO. So, basically, from what I gather reading the article is that now Mr. Weinstein isn't as powerful and isn't producing smash hits it's safe to accuse him of doggish behavior. If he were still laying those golden eggs and riding that money train was still a guarantee for one's career would we be getting these kinds of stories? Probably not...

- Doc

_The CCC
_Emeritus

Post by _The CCC »

"If you're a star they let you get away with it".

--Donald John Trump, reality show star.