Will Trump be President January 1, 2019?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Re: Will Trump be President January 1, 2019?

Post by _The CCC »

I don't wish him any physical injury or death. But spending the rest of his life in prison works for me.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

canpakes wrote:
EAllusion wrote:I think there's both a decent shot that Trump will run and be reelected and a decent shot that Trump will be dead before 2021.

Hair dye poisoning?

He's a 70+ year old obese man with a infamously unhealthy lifestyle in one of the most stressful jobs in the world. Granted, he seems to have managed to destress the job a bit by being a hack who prefers watching Fox and Friends to studying his picture-book briefings, but it's still a packed schedule.

This is not a person I'd want to bank on living a long time.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

canpakes wrote:
EAllusion wrote:I think there's both a decent shot that Trump will run and be reelected and a decent shot that Trump will be dead before 2021.

Hair dye poisoning?

The man's only form of exercise is tearing open a bag of Lays Potato Chips.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Xenophon
_Emeritus

Post by _Xenophon »

Jersey Girl wrote:The man's only form of exercise is tearing open a bag of Lays Potato Chips.

Surely a man of his means has someone to do that for him.
"If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation." -Xenophon of Athens
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Xenophon wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:The man's only form of exercise is tearing open a bag of Lays Potato Chips.

Surely a man of his means has someone to do that for him.

No doubt. Me, I have to pour my own Cheerios right into the bowl. I swear...
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

EAllusion wrote:This time, the president's party controls both chambers of Congress.

Excellent point. Trump still has wide support among the Deplorables and the Republican party has no moral imperative beyond championing the desires of the wealthy, so they will not really care to impeach regardless of what the investigation finds. They are only allowing the investigation on a pro forma basis.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace