It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trump takes 12th golf trip in 9 weeks
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:20 pm 
God

“I would rarely leave the White House because there’s so much work to be done,” Trump told a reporter in 2015. “I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off… You don’t have time to take time off.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 50166.html

Aaaaand here he was criticizing President Obama for taking golf trips:

https://twitter.com/brianklaas/status/8 ... f6d5d609ef

What's odd is we all know he's a giant girthy sack of ____, but, you know... ____ it.

- Doc

I have Mental Gymnast on ignore until he makes amends with Grindael, and both Grindael and IHAQ start posting again. I will not allow a troll to drive off two great board members without taking a stand.

Post subject: Re: Trump takes 12th golf trip in 9 weeks
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:53 pm 
Bell Ringer

I'm thinking that Donald of Orange really didn't think he would win. Now, he has to put up with the inconvenience of being a president. I suppose that the more time he spends on the golf course, the less time he has to spend screwing up the country.

Thank God for small (very small) favors.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:32 am 
2nd Quorum of Seventy

Quasimodo wrote:
I suppose that the more time he spends on the golf course, the less time he has to spend screwing up the country.

kohn (a jew, btw):
- i lose by day by
gruen (another jew; call me racist)
- then, howto?
kohn:
- i am closed on weekends

Choyo Chagas is Chairman of the Big Four, the ruler of the planet from "The Bull's Hour" ( Russian: Час Быка), a social science fiction novel written by Soviet author and paleontologist Ivan Yefremov in 1968.
Six months after its publication Soviet authorities banned the book and attempted to remove it from libraries and bookshops.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:09 pm 
God

He's up to 15 in 11 weeks. Sean Hannity had this to say about Obama, golf, and Syria:

https://mobile.twitter.com/seanhannity/ ... 9643879425

- Doc

I have Mental Gymnast on ignore until he makes amends with Grindael, and both Grindael and IHAQ start posting again. I will not allow a troll to drive off two great board members without taking a stand.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:53 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
He's up to 15 in 11 weeks. Sean Hannity had this to say about Obama, golf, and Syria:

https://mobile.twitter.com/seanhannity/ ... 9643879425

- Doc

Hannity actually responds to this... amazing how stupid he is to think anyone would buy this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/undefined/st ... 4089678850

Check out the tweet responses to Hannity's remark, they're pretty friggin hilarious.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:55 pm 
God

Don't forget that Trump's golf outings also function to line his pockets. That this level of corruption has become no big deal because of GOP complicity is both disheartening and entirely predictable.

Jimmy Carter had to sell his peanut farm.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:07 pm 
God

Yeah, have you guys read up on Mar-a-Lago? It was intended to be the Winter Whitehouse long before Trump got his hands on it in a private transaction.

Here's the wiki entry intro:

Quote:
Mar-a-Lago (English pronunciation: /mɑɹ.ə.lɑ.goʊ/) is an estate and National Historic Landmark in Palm Beach, Florida, built from 1924 to 1927 by heiress and socialite Marjorie Merriweather Post. Post envisioned the house as a future winter retreat for American presidents and foreign dignitaries, and following her death in 1973, it was bequeathed to the nation. However, successive presidents declined to use the mansion and it was returned to Post's estate in 1980. In 1985, Mar-a-Lago was purchased by businessman Donald Trump, who later became the 45th President of the United States.

And then, later in the entry:

Quote:
Marjorie Merriweather Post built the house with her then-husband Edward F. Hutton. Post hired Marion Sims Wyeth to design it, and Joseph Urban to create interior design and exterior decorations.[10][11] Upon her death in 1973, Post willed the 17-acre (69,000 m2) estate to the United States government as a Winter White House for presidents and visiting foreign dignitaries.[12] Richard Nixon preferred the Florida White House in Key Biscayne, however, and Jimmy Carter was not interested. The federal government soon realized the immense cost of maintenance, annual taxes roughly between $1–3 million, and the difficulty of maintaining security for diplomats.[13] The government returned it to the Post Foundation in 1981, which listed it for sale for $20 million. Dina Merrill and Post's two other daughters did not maintain the property, expecting to sell it,[14] but there was so little interest that the city approved its demolition to build smaller homes.[15] Mar-a-Lago was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1980.[3][16][17]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mar-a-Lago

Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:40 pm 
God

Omg, look what's in the wiki on Mar-a-Lago.

Quote:
After Trump was elected President in 2016, and after learning former President Obama had the White House and Trump Tower wiretapped, he began to use Mar-a-Lago as his base of operations instead.[21]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:27 am 
God

Choyo Chagas wrote:
... (another jew; call me racist) ...

Nope. But you are a bit embarrassing when you say things like that. Question of history, you see. It might take a while to explain it to you ... Just stop, OK? I'm asking nicely, because I like you.

Maybe tell some jokes about Hungarians instead? Has there ever been a Hungarian (or a Romanian) like Trump?

That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:43 pm 
God

I personally don't mind if presidents take a lot of vacations. It's a very stressful job and we want presidents to be in good mental shape to make major decisions. Also, many presidential "vacations" actually involve a fair amount of work. They should take the amount of leisure time necessary to be in good form.

Since at least president Clinton, Democrats and Republicans have been flipping scripts on attacking the sitting president for going on vacation and I find it silly.

That said, Trump does seem to be in a different category of vacation taking and he may be hitting my threshold for when it looks excessive. What I really dislike, though, is that his "vacations" are kleptocratic money-making schemes for him.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:02 pm 
God

EAllusion wrote:

Since at least president Clinton, Democrats and Republicans have been flipping scripts on attacking the sitting president for going on vacation and I find it silly.

Apparently Nixon also took some flack for going to his Key Biscayne home as well, and the helicopter pad the gov't paid for. There's a story there. I don't have a solid position on Trump's use of Mar-a-lago at the moment. Not high on my list right now.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:02 pm 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:
EAllusion wrote:

Apparently Nixon also took some flack for going to his Key Biscayne home as well, and the helicopter pad the gov't paid for. There's a story there. I don't have a solid position on Trump's use of Mar-a-lago at the moment. Not high on my list right now.

Mar-a-lago raised the membership fee by $100,000 per person in response to Trump winning. He directly profits from this. Trump has already routinely used his government functions to bring people who can afford that into access with powerful people around the world. Additionally, the counter-espionage security around the club is quite lax relative to what normally follows a president.

It's a big deal with out any modern precedent that speaks to the level of casual corruption in the administration. For perspective, Clinton was hammered for months on end during the campaign for the possibility of such corruption associated with her charity. This was where the potential for scandal was fractional to what is actually, really happening in this case.

But, because Trump has so many awful stories surrounding him, a complicit GOP running Congress, a massive propaganda machine at his back, and a "neutral" cable media obsessed with providing false balance (especially for Republicans), this story that is right out in the open doesn't have much impact.

On the cost end, it's hard to argue that we don't have money to fund the state department when you look at the price tag for Trump's golf trips.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:34 pm 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:

Quote:
After Trump was elected President in 2016, and after learning former President Obama had the White House and Trump Tower wiretapped, he began to use Mar-a-Lago as his base of operations instead.[21]

Wow. I wonder how long before a wiki editor fixes that?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:38 am 
God

President Trump has already blown through and doubled Obama's budget for vacations. This isn't counting the bill for Melatonin's New York detail. Not that it matters to any of the "fiscal Conservatives" on this board. President Trump could literally murder a person on live TV, and they'd be like, "Meh. He's really turning things around.".

- Doc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:32 am 
God

Drumpf has to choose.
SEE http://wlrn.org/post/mar-lago-or-trump- ... ump-choose

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:08 am 
God

Lemmie wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:

Wow. I wonder how long before a wiki editor fixes that?

Anyone can edit a wiki. Get in there and go for it!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:05 am 
God

I would be interested in seeing a comparison of "how" Trump and Obama golfed, and not by scorecard - rather by who were the members of their golf party. Could such a comparison be insightful, say if Obama golfed 160 times but only 10 times with another head of State and 117 times with the White House trip director.
To me that would be a worthy comparison rather than assuming that "playing golf" is defined the same way across both fellas.
http://swampland.time.com/2014/01/03/ob ... -minister/

and yeah, I get it - Obama could change his position on issues and it was "an evolution", but if Trump does its hypocritical.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:21 pm 
God

EAllusion wrote:
Mar-a-lago raised the membership fee by $100,000 per person in response to Trump winning. He directly profits from this. Trump has already routinely used his government functions to bring people who can afford that into access with powerful people around the world. Additionally, the counter-espionage security around the club is quite lax relative to what normally follows a president.

It's a big deal with out any modern precedent that speaks to the level of casual corruption in the administration. For perspective, Clinton was hammered for months on end during the campaign for the possibility of such corruption associated with her charity. This was where the potential for scandal was fractional to what is actually, really happening in this case.

But, because Trump has so many awful stories surrounding him, a complicit GOP running Congress, a massive propaganda machine at his back, and a "neutral" cable media obsessed with providing false balance (especially for Republicans), this story that is right out in the open doesn't have much impact.

On the cost end, it's hard to argue that we don't have money to fund the state department when you look at the price tag for Trump's golf trips.

Excellent point.

A month ago I was having dinner at a conference with a group of people who one would think were very bright. Politics came up, and one of these guys got visibly angry at how "corrupt" Clinton was. I was just trying to be friendly and conversational about it, and said something like, "Yea, she's a scummy politician in a conventional way, but surely Trump is worse." When he said no way, Clinton is way more crooked than Trump I asked for an example. He enthusiastically said, "Pay for play. Since Clinton lost the election, donations to the Clinton Foundation are down 80%. That proves the only reason people were making donations was to gain access."

I was a bit flabbergasted and allowed the topic to drift to other things, but I wish I would have said, "Okay, let's get this straight. If you want to gain access to Hillary Clinton, you make a large donation to her highly scrutinized charity. If you want to gain access to a conventional politician, you make a large donation to his campaign. And if you want to gain access to Donald Trump, you pay $200,000 and join his golf club. Out of those three options, you think making donations to a legitimate, highly scrutinized, squeaky clean charity is the most corrupt way to gain access?"

"Don't they know that the soul is made of harmonies and that harmonies are not created but by the concurrency or by the properties of the objects that are seen and heard?"
- Leonardo da Vinci

All religion is obviously silly, like all sports.
-Symmachus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:04 pm 
God

Analytics wrote:
but I wish I would have said,

I have that feeling almost every day particularly when I'm on Facebook and reading some of the political comments that my friends post. It's hard to hold back but I typically avoid debate on Facebook.

So I usually let things pass by while remaining silent.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:45 pm 
Prophet

EAllusion wrote:
Mar-a-lago raised the membership fee by $100,000 per person in response to Trump winning. He directly profits from this

Emotions without facts or reason is well emotions!

Hadn't seen where fees went up $100K. Had you?

But what is your point if they have? Have taxpayers lost? And who in their right mind would pay such premium given the horrible adverse outcome on our life and liberties scholars such as you and Kevin Graham spend your full time jobs warning us about?

Really, a $100K premium for Trump?

Can't imagine what your collective assessment of Obama should generate on club memberships!!! Any equally verifiable facts in your bag of google on that one Mr Linkster? And don't stop now, you're on an "insider knowledge" roll (as you always portray to be while working hard!) run with all the facts!!!

Pathetic!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:57 pm 
Prophet

Bach wrote:
Emotions without facts or reason is well emotions!

Hadn't seen where fees went up $100K. Had you?

But what is your point if they have? Have taxpayers lost? And who in their right mind would pay such premium given the horrible adverse outcome on our life and liberties scholars such as you and Kevin Graham spend your full time jobs warning us about?

Really, a $100K premium for Trump?

Can't imagine what your collective assessment of Obama should generate on club memberships!!! Any equally verifiable facts in your bag of google on that one Mr Linkster? And don't stop now, you're on an "insider knowledge" roll (as you always portray to be while working hard!) run with all the facts!!!

Pathetic!

Is... is this English? :confused: