It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Code Blue
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:24 am 
God

It is undeniable that Obama and his administration were, at best, mediocre at economics and governing. Conversely they are a near perfect example of how dangerous and detrimental the cult of Presidency can be for the population as a whole...for the people. His naïve approach to reforming Healthcare by, instead, reforming Health insurance is reaching it's critical mass of failure. With the false price controls expiring we are now seeing the real design of ACA make themselves manifest.

Failure is as failure does. Anecdotes do make good policy, good law, or good governance. Anecdotes make for good politics and even at that Obama failed.

Millions of people who buy individual health insurance policies and get no financial help from the Affordable Care Act are bracing for another year of double-digit premium increases, and their frustration is boiling over.

Some are expecting premiums for 2018 to rival a mortgage payment.

The most exposed consumers tend to be middle-class people who don't qualify for the law's income-based subsidies. They include early retirees, skilled tradespeople, musicians, self-employed professionals, business owners, and people such as Sharon Thornton, whose small employer doesn't provide health insurance.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/frus ... 17040.html

Post subject: Re: Code Blue
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:30 am 
God

Every other industrialized country on earth has some form of universal coverage. They are better than the US is in healthcare results.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:30 am 
God

The CCC wrote:
Every other industrialized country on earth has some form of universal coverage. They are better than the US is in healthcare results.

you should try to google the difference between causation and correlation.....but if your grandkids aren't around to help you navigate the interwebs, then just click THIS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:16 am 
God

No Stupid Toll It is correlation does not imply causation.
SEE https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlati ... _causation

Plus I never said it did. Just that every other industrialized country has some type of universe health care with better results than the US. It is quite possible that they are doing it right. IE; If you are paying twice as much for something and getting less of it than other equally placed people. You are overspending.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:26 am 
God

The CCC wrote:
Stupid Toll

I like the idea of a Stupid Toll!

Presumably we would need some kind of application that would estimate the ratio of sense to nonsense in a post, and then if it did not exceed a certain threshold level, the toll would be automatically imposed, as a charge to the credit card we would all have to have registered with the board ...

Damn. I suppose it was only a typo.

That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:31 am 
God

Fumble fingers strike again. :redface: It is Troll. On the other hand Toll could work is some circumstances. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:10 am 
God

The US model shows the difficulty of melding a good idea with the realities of corporate greed.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:55 am 
God

moksha wrote:
The US model shows the difficulty of melding a good idea with the realities of corporate greed.

which is why idiots like Kevin Graham and tripleC insist that apples are a good comparison for oranges.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:59 am 
God

I am often reminded of Bill Clinton's political intelligence with corporate America. He put them in a position to choose...either pay more taxes or invest in your workers. Imagine actual health insurance reform where the ACA did the same.