Shut Down U.S. Govt if Wall not payed for????

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Maxine Waters
_Emeritus

Re: Shut Down U.S. Govt if Wall not payed for????

Post by _Maxine Waters »

The thing they have going for them is that they aren't afraid to work - like some segments of our population.

How many of them will continue working these low paying back breaking jobs once they get their citizenship and realize social welfare will pay about the same? I think they'll do the same as American people have done.
“There were mothers who took this [Rodney King LA riots] as an opportunity to take some milk, to take some bread, to take some shoes ... They are not crooks.”

This liberal would be about socializing … uh, umm. … Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies.
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Post by _The CCC »

1. All adult welfare recipients must must be actively seeking work, or be in a job training program.
2. All adult welfare recipients will be limited to 5 years of benefits in total. With no more than 2 consecutive years.
3. There are strict financial and possession limits on those who are welfare recipients.
4. The most common welfare recipient is a child with disabilities.
5. Next in line are women with two children, following a divorce.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Maxine Waters wrote:
Sure. But how do you enact that?

I don't know. You're probably one of the few people that agree with me on that. But this issue of people choosing to reproduce that aren't responsible enough to do so is the root problem.

Sooooo... Single mothers are the problem?

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_DarkHelmet
_Emeritus

Post by _DarkHelmet »

Maxine Waters wrote:
and I don't see a solution coming from you that makes fiscal sense.

People who can't afford it shouldn't be having kids. If you want have a child go to the government to prove you can pay for it like you would have to do to buy a car or a house.

Is this part of the smaller, less intrusive, government that conservatives want? A department of the government responsible for enforcing who can and cannot have children? What will be the penalty for a woman who gets pregnant, but is below the income threshold required to have children? Forced abortion? Forced adoption? Will she be fined, or serve jail time?
"We have taken up arms in defense of our liberty, our property, our wives, and our children; we are determined to preserve them, or die."
- Captain Moroni - 'Address to the Inhabitants of Canada' 1775
_Maxine Waters
_Emeritus

Post by _Maxine Waters »

Is this part of the smaller, less intrusive, government that conservatives want?

I'm not speaking as a conservative on this. If it were up to me, there wouldn't be any welfare and hence none of this would be an issue.
“There were mothers who took this [Rodney King LA riots] as an opportunity to take some milk, to take some bread, to take some shoes ... They are not crooks.”

This liberal would be about socializing … uh, umm. … Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies.
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Post by _The CCC »

There is that argument to be made, but it doesn't work out well. Just ask Marie Antoinette.