It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Shut Down U.S. Govt if Wall not payed for????
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:50 pm 
Holy Ghost

Quote:
and I don't see a solution coming from you that makes fiscal sense.

People who can't afford it shouldn't be having kids. If you want have a child go to the government to prove you can pay for it like you would have to do to buy a car or a house.

This liberal would be about socializing … uh, umm. … Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:59 pm 
God

Maxine Waters wrote:
Quote:

People who can't afford it shouldn't be having kids. If you want have a child go to the government to prove you can pay for it like you would have to do to buy a car or a house.

Sure. But how do you enact that? Again, I'm seeing wishful thinking, but no practicality. I'm probably asking too much since any 'solution' involves the complete eradication of our society as we know it.

Unless. Of course. That's what you're proposing?

- Doc

I have Mental Gymnast on ignore until he makes amends with Grindael, and both Grindael and IHAQ start posting again. I will not allow a troll to drive off two great board members without taking a stand.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:49 pm 
Stake High Council

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mr. Clips,

I'm not really sure where you're coming from, so I'll assume we're viewing the question differently. I just put to use my Kevin Graham dick ass googling skills and came up with this:

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php

If you click on the link it gives you the top 50 corporations reference donations to political parties. This basically means that they're very political because they're promoting their interests by aligning themselves with and involving themselves in the political machine.

I again put to use my Kevin Graham locked-on-cock googling skills and type in:

"Top Democrat Corporations"

Just to tackle it from your, I guess, angle. It came up with:

Quote:
Here’s A List of Major Corporations Donating To Support Their Political Party

https://magicbaltimore.com/3327814/here ... cal-party/

Basically using my Kevin Graham sloppy seconds googling skills I could provide you with hundreds of links demonstrating that corporations are very political, are very politically involved, and really drive home the point that 'everything is politics'.

- Doc

My point is that corporations follow the dollar and profitability, not a political ideal. To the extent that a candidate proposes rules and legislation that benefit their bottom line, they donate. Quite often to both parties at the same time. I don't think that is conservative or liberal position. Its just capitalism, and most companies, especially public ones that have share holders to report to, follow the profit motive despite many having well known liberal CEOs.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:03 pm 
Holy Ghost

Quote:
Sure. But how do you enact that?

I don't know. You're probably one of the few people that agree with me on that. But this issue of people choosing to reproduce that aren't responsible enough to do so is the root problem.

This liberal would be about socializing … uh, umm. … Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:33 pm 
God

Going back to the OP, Hurricane Harvey puts Trump in a precarious position. Houston is the 4th largest city in the United States. It would not be fitting for the President to say he wants a wall for keeping out Mexicans while people in Houston wants pumps to keep out water. If he were to make good on his promise, it would happen right when Houston would probably be still assessing the magnitude of the damage, let alone have recovered.

So to close out the first year of his presidency, Trump would force a government shutdown while the 4th largest city in the country struggles to stay afloat after what looks like 50 inches of rain in less than a week? It ain't gonna happen, or at least I can't imagine the consequences if it did. It would be like Hurricane Katrina times five in terms of political fallout. Not what Republicans would want to run on in the midterms. I really think Harvey makes the shutdown threat a moot point.

- Maxine (Ajax) Waters
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
Strange Fruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:26 am 
God

Black Moclips wrote:
We know some of them do, just not exactly how many.

Only a handful have ever actually done this and we do know that the number is so low that it is absurd to even dwell on it as a real problem. It has never had any effect on any American election. Analysis: Noncitizen Voting is Vanishingly Rare

Quote:
And its more of a long term play for democrats anyway, as the children they have here gain citizenship, their families grow, etc.

Oh, that must be why Democrats gave amnesty to millions of illegal aliens. Oh wait, that was Reagan. Care to revise your argument?

Quote:
Most Latinos vote democrat. NPR reported that nationwide 66% of latino voters voted democrat in the last election.

And more than 80% of Evangelicals vote Republican. This must explain why Republican politicians pretend to be Christian. Following your logic, they're just looking to get votes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:30 am 
God

Black Moclips wrote:
My point is that corporations follow the dollar and profitability, not a political ideal. To the extent that a candidate proposes rules and legislation that benefit their bottom line, they donate. Quite often to both parties at the same time. I don't think that is conservative or liberal position. Its just capitalism, and most companies, especially public ones that have share holders to report to, follow the profit motive despite many having well known liberal CEOs.

You're correct, and Doc is just reverting back to trolling. He tends to get this way after a few bad arguments that leave him looking stupid. While corporations are designed to be concerned only about profit, there are instances when this overlaps with politics. Such as the fossil fuel industry funding fake science to discredit the global consensus on climate change.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:54 am 
Stake High Council

Kevin Graham wrote:
Black Moclips wrote:
We know some of them do, just not exactly how many.

Only a handful have ever actually done this and we do know that the number is so low that it is absurd to even dwell on it as a real problem. It has never had any effect on any American election. Analysis: Noncitizen Voting is Vanishingly Rare

Quote:
And its more of a long term play for democrats anyway, as the children they have here gain citizenship, their families grow, etc.

Oh, that must be why Democrats gave amnesty to millions of illegal aliens. Oh wait, that was Reagan. Care to revise your argument?

Quote:
Most Latinos vote democrat. NPR reported that nationwide 66% of latino voters voted democrat in the last election.

And more than 80% of Evangelicals vote Republican. This must explain why Republican politicians pretend to be Christian. Following your logic, they're just looking to get votes.

I think ALL politicians, pretend and do all sorts of things to get votes. I don't disagree with you there. But I don't believe for one second that Democrats care about Latinos. They have been more than willing to let them work the lowest paying jobs that no one wants while giving them handouts (California is a prime example) at the same time to keep them on the government teat. That is disastrous for their future in my opinion. The thing they have going for them is that they aren't afraid to work - like some segments of our population.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:31 am 
Holy Ghost

Quote:
The thing they have going for them is that they aren't afraid to work - like some segments of our population.

How many of them will continue working these low paying back breaking jobs once they get their citizenship and realize social welfare will pay about the same? I think they'll do the same as American people have done.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:34 am 
God

1. All adult welfare recipients must must be actively seeking work, or be in a job training program.
2. All adult welfare recipients will be limited to 5 years of benefits in total. With no more than 2 consecutive years.
3. There are strict financial and possession limits on those who are welfare recipients.
4. The most common welfare recipient is a child with disabilities.
5. Next in line are women with two children, following a divorce.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:53 am 
God

Maxine Waters wrote:
Quote:
Sure. But how do you enact that?

I don't know. You're probably one of the few people that agree with me on that. But this issue of people choosing to reproduce that aren't responsible enough to do so is the root problem.

Sooooo... Single mothers are the problem?

- Doc

I have Mental Gymnast on ignore until he makes amends with Grindael, and both Grindael and IHAQ start posting again. I will not allow a troll to drive off two great board members without taking a stand.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:00 pm 
God

Maxine Waters wrote:
Quote:

Is this part of the smaller, less intrusive, government that conservatives want? A department of the government responsible for enforcing who can and cannot have children? What will be the penalty for a woman who gets pregnant, but is below the income threshold required to have children? Forced abortion? Forced adoption? Will she be fined, or serve jail time?

"If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North" - Abraham Lincoln

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:28 pm 
Holy Ghost

Quote:
Is this part of the smaller, less intrusive, government that conservatives want?

I'm not speaking as a conservative on this. If it were up to me, there wouldn't be any welfare and hence none of this would be an issue.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:23 am 
God

There is that argument to be made, but it doesn't work out well. Just ask Marie Antoinette.