It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:37 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: I'm not sure how I feel about this
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:42 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am
Posts: 12443
EAllusion wrote:
DocCam -

It's not that radical leftists can be a dangerous force. Just the other day I heard someone I would describe that way arguing that any form of violence perpetrated against fascists is inherently an act of self-defense, so antifa cannot be wrong in committing violence.

The problem with your the thrust of your reasoning is in not understanding the relative influence and size of true blue radical leftists in America versus right-wing authoritarians. One is a dominant force in a major political party that runs most of the country. The other is a goofy fringe with a tiny political footprint outside of some cloistered college campuses.


I both agree and disagree with your position. I think the same can be said about neo-Nazis and their wider sphere of influence. That said, I think RadLeftists have infiltrated and occupy many positions of power within academia and government. Much more so than the Whitey Supremes.

Anyway. All this hand wringing over fat neo-Nazis and we have this in America:

https://salafiyahfiamrikee.wordpress.co ... directory/

And you hear jack sht about it from the supposedly equal rights and pro-progressive types. Both the Nazis and Salafists are patriarchal. Both are religious. Both are Conservative. Only one is White, right? Guess we should worry about the easy targets only! This faux Leftist outrage is outrageous in of itself.

- Doc

_________________
In the anointed we find a whole class of supposedly ‘thinking people’ who do remarkably little thinking about substance and a great deal of verbal expression. - Dr. Thomas Sowell, Harvard, Columbia, University of Chicago


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: I'm not sure how I feel about this
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:08 am 
God

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:39 am
Posts: 11504
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
EAllusion wrote:
DocCam -

It's not that radical leftists can be a dangerous force. Just the other day I heard someone I would describe that way arguing that any form of violence perpetrated against fascists is inherently an act of self-defense, so antifa cannot be wrong in committing violence.

The problem with your the thrust of your reasoning is in not understanding the relative influence and size of true blue radical leftists in America versus right-wing authoritarians. One is a dominant force in a major political party that runs most of the country. The other is a goofy fringe with a tiny political footprint outside of some cloistered college campuses.


I both agree and disagree with your position. I think the same can be said about neo-Nazis and their wider sphere of influence. That said, I think RadLeftists have infiltrated and occupy many positions of power within academia and government. Much more so than the Whitey Supremes.

Anyway. All this hand wringing over fat neo-Nazis and we have this in America:

https://salafiyahfiamrikee.wordpress.co ... directory/

And you hear jack sht about it from the supposedly equal rights and pro-progressive types. Both the Nazis and Salafists are patriarchal. Both are religious. Both are Conservative. Only one is White, right? Guess we should worry about the easy targets only! This faux Leftist outrage is outrageous in of itself.

- Doc


I think what's really going on in your thinking is you are conflating radical leftists in the sense of violent revolutionary types with radical leftists in the sense of people who are over the moon when Democracy Now! is coming to their town. The only place dangerous radical leftists have meaningful power is in some college campuses. Their pull on the Democratic party, while increasing with the rise of Sanders, is minimal. Their office holdings and staffer positions within governments is virtually non-existent.

Right wing authoritarianism is one of the dominant forces within the Republican party, holds sympathies across a wide sweep of offices including the most important one in the country, and enjoys a lot of support within right-wing messaging and conservative public opinion. If the country was nothing but the range of opinion within current conservatism, our Republic would fall. Nothing like that can be said about liberal equivalents.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: I'm not sure how I feel about this
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:15 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:23 am
Posts: 11814
Location: On the imaginary axis
EAllusion wrote:
The only place dangerous radical leftists have meaningful power is in some college campuses. Their pull on the Democratic party, while increasing with the rise of Sanders, is minimal. Their office holdings and staffer positions within governments is virtually non-existent.

Right wing authoritarianism is one of the dominant forces within the Republican party, holds sympathies across a wide sweep of offices including the most important one in the country, and enjoys a lot of support within right-wing messaging and conservative public opinion. If the country was nothing but the range of opinion within current conservatism, our Republic would fall. Nothing like that can be said about liberal equivalents.


All that is so obviously true that I am astonished that the discussion has continued this long.

_________________
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: I'm not sure how I feel about this
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:38 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:57 pm
Posts: 3861
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
This was stabbed because he had a normal neo-Nazi haircut:

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/colorado-m ... 46326.html

Quote:
A man named Joshua Witt has had firsthand experience with just how far that haircut’s association with Nazis has come. Witt took to social media this week to share the bloody results.

“Sooooooo apparently I look like a neo-nazi and got stabbed for it … luckily I put my hands up to stop it so he only stabbed my hand…. please keep in mind there was no conversation between me and this dude I was literally just getting out of my car”


And people wonder why I'm leery of the extreme-Left...

- Doc


Not that it erases all of the actions of the masked turds running about and sucker-punching people at political rallies in countless videos, but, FWIW...

https://boingboing.net/2017/08/28/the-g ... n.html/amp

Quote:
“On August 24, 2017 Sheridan Police, re-interviewed Mr. Witt where he was confronted with all the information listed above,” Sheridan Police Chief Mark Campbell told Gizmodo in a statement.

“Mr. Witt subsequently admitted to accidentally cutting himself with the knife while parked in his car in front of the sporting goods store and admitted making up the story about being attacked,” Chief Campbell continued.

Witt was booked and released for filing a false police report. He faces up to a $2,650 fine and up to a year in jail.

_________________
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: I'm not sure how I feel about this
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:04 pm 
God

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:44 pm
Posts: 10102
Doctor Steuss wrote:

Not that it erases all of the actions of the masked turds running about and sucker-punching people at political rallies in countless videos, but, FWIW...



:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So Doc shares a fake news story that doesn't even claim the assailant was a Leftist, to explain why he's leery of the Left.

Yes, that about sums it up. He'll believe just about anything on the web except for the things that are actually true.

But remember, Doc knows how to google.

_________________
"I Learned More at McDonald's Than at College." - ldsfaqs


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: I'm not sure how I feel about this
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:12 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:57 pm
Posts: 3861
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Kevin Graham wrote:
Yes, that about sums it up. He'll believe just about anything on the web except for the things that are actually true.

I actually believed the story too. It made me do a hard gut check on if I was allowing my feelings to outrun my noggin when it comes to my disdain for white supremacists (in particular, Nazis).

It’s probably the only reason I remembered the exact thread the story was posted in when I just saw a friend post an update on Facebook.

I don’t think the important lesson of potentially suspending judgment of ideologically convenient news stories should nullify the (apocryphal) cautionary tale of mob rule/thought/violence.

_________________
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski


Last edited by Doctor Steuss on Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: I'm not sure how I feel about this
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:14 pm 
God

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:44 pm
Posts: 10102
Remember though, Doc has googling skillz. Lately all he's been googling are right wing fake news sites.

_________________
"I Learned More at McDonald's Than at College." - ldsfaqs


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: I'm not sure how I feel about this
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:18 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am
Posts: 12443
Doctor Steuss,

I guess I should dredge up the myriad of false reports RadLeftists have filed and been exposed for, or does that really make a difference? I'd just be accused of cherry picking the odd duck incident to create a what-about example to undermine the bigger point. I suppose I could do the same to you, but I won't. You know why? Because I'm not an extremist.

This clearly demonstrates people with an ideological ax to grind will go to any lengths to manipulate the narrative in their favor. I think that White Supremacist should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, as any other a-hole who would incite the public to unrest.

To the bigger point, are "anti-capitalists" dangerous? I would say so. What is an anti-capitalist?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-capitalism

According to the moronic idiot racist capitalist Wikipedia these are the people that are "anti-capitalists":

Socialism
1.1 Anarchist and libertarian socialist criticisms
1.2 Marxism

And we all know, at least the ones that can bear the heavy burden of being honest with themselves, that the people that fall under THAT definition have been responsible for the murder and deaths of tens of millions.

ATIFA, the self-described anti-government and anti-capitalist movement, has demonstrated and professed a willingness to use violence within their revolutionary movement. Let's not just dismiss that. They're getting bolder by the week. And they're aided and abetted by radicals like Kevin Graham and EAllusion. It is what it is.

I'm disappointed and dismayed my side is so comfortable with these people.

- Doc

_________________
In the anointed we find a whole class of supposedly ‘thinking people’ who do remarkably little thinking about substance and a great deal of verbal expression. - Dr. Thomas Sowell, Harvard, Columbia, University of Chicago


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: I'm not sure how I feel about this
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:18 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am
Posts: 12443
Kevin Graham wrote:
Remember though, Doc has googling skillz. Lately all he's been googling are right wing fake news sites.


Like you don't do that ____. At least I'm honest about it. Racist hypocrite.

- Doc

_________________
In the anointed we find a whole class of supposedly ‘thinking people’ who do remarkably little thinking about substance and a great deal of verbal expression. - Dr. Thomas Sowell, Harvard, Columbia, University of Chicago


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: I'm not sure how I feel about this
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:31 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:57 pm
Posts: 3861
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Doctor Steuss,

I guess I should dredge up the myriad of false reports RadLeftists have filed and been exposed for, or does that really make a difference? . I'd just be accused of cherry picking the odd duck incident to create a what-about example to undermine the bigger point. I suppose I could do the same to you, but I won't. You know why? Because I'm not an extremist.

I actually check in occasionally with the FakeHateCrimes.org aggregate, so you’re preaching to the choir as far as left extremists faking crap for their own ends. I would hope though, that if I post(ed) a story that turned out to be staged, untrue, etc., that you’d update me so that I could subsequently revise my mental filing system about the event (and any lessons to be learned).

Quote:
This clearly demonstrates people with an ideological ax to grind will go to any lengths to manipulate the narrative in their favor.

Most definitely. This is admittedly something I struggle keeping in perspective. I still shake my head at some of the absolute lunacy I unquestioningly believed during Bush Jr.

Quote:
ATIFA, the self-described anti-government and anti-capitalist movement, has demonstrated and professed a willingness to use violence within their revolutionary movement. Let's not just dismiss that.

I can’t speak for others, but for me, I dismissed much of Antifa’s antics as black bloc (stake president?) protestors being intermixed with them. That, and punching Nazis seems downright patriotic.

But now, while I believe most of them are misguided kids who don’t really understand what they stand for (other than hating people in order to end hate… or something), there is definitely a cancer growing with the extremist elements of the left. A jovial love of destruction and violence.

I’m still overcoming my aversion to acknowledging it (after all, it’s almost an admission that I could end up there -- which isn’t the most comfortable thing to admit).

Nazis suck. Anarchists suck. Black bloc suck. Antifa… I’m beginning to realize, they suck.

Marvel Defenders? Doesn’t suck. Except for the Iron Fist… he sucks.

_________________
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: I'm not sure how I feel about this
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:35 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am
Posts: 12443
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Nazis suck. Anarchists suck. Black bloc suck. Antifa… I’m beginning to realize, they suck.


Well, it's really nice to find someone posting that sees the issue for what it is. I think you're right in that it's mostly comprised of kids who just want to wild out for a cause. I also think you're right that it's a cancer that's spreading. The mind virus has taken root, just like it has with the neo-Nazis, and it's a problem.

- Doc

_________________
In the anointed we find a whole class of supposedly ‘thinking people’ who do remarkably little thinking about substance and a great deal of verbal expression. - Dr. Thomas Sowell, Harvard, Columbia, University of Chicago


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: I'm not sure how I feel about this
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:15 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:50 am
Posts: 8668
Location: Your mother's purse
Kevin Graham wrote:
Remember though, Doc has googling skillz. Lately all he's been googling are right wing fake news sites.

and the left-wing fake news circle jerks are so much better, eh Kevin Graham?

_________________
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: I'm not sure how I feel about this
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:20 am 
God

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:44 pm
Posts: 10102
subgenius wrote:
and the left-wing fake news circle jerks are so much better, eh Kevin Graham?


Feel free to demonstrate where I have posted any fake news from any Leftist sites. Doc brags about his googling skills just before posting a fake news story about some guy claiming to have been attacked by a Leftist because of his Nazi-like haircut.

_________________
"I Learned More at McDonald's Than at College." - ldsfaqs


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: I'm not sure how I feel about this
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:56 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am
Posts: 12443
You know what? I think you guys might've changed my mind about the Leftist threat in this country. I think I'm overreacting.

https://ibb.co/grm7mk

I mean. I woke up today. I had coffee. I watered my gardens. Took my dog for a walk. Drove my wife to work. Chased chickens back into their pen. Three times on that last one, those little flockers. I ate ice cream. Twice. I'm watching college soccer right now.

Life is good.

I apologize for calling one of the posters a locked-on-cock gobbling idiot.

- Doc

_________________
In the anointed we find a whole class of supposedly ‘thinking people’ who do remarkably little thinking about substance and a great deal of verbal expression. - Dr. Thomas Sowell, Harvard, Columbia, University of Chicago


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: I'm not sure how I feel about this
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:06 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:50 am
Posts: 8668
Location: Your mother's purse
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
locked-on-cock gobbling idiot.

is this a reference to the chickens?

_________________
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: I'm not sure how I feel about this
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:15 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am
Posts: 12443
subgenius wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
locked-on-cock gobbling idiot.

is this a reference to the chickens?


If by chickens you mean veiled reference to your wife and/or mother then you're too cool for school my friend.

- Doc

_________________
In the anointed we find a whole class of supposedly ‘thinking people’ who do remarkably little thinking about substance and a great deal of verbal expression. - Dr. Thomas Sowell, Harvard, Columbia, University of Chicago


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: I'm not sure how I feel about this
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:30 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:16 pm
Posts: 25663
Location: Off the Deep End
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
those little flockers.


Awww.
:-)

_________________
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb


Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: I'm not sure how I feel about this
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:44 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:50 am
Posts: 8668
Location: Your mother's purse
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
subgenius wrote:
locked-on-cock gobbling idiot.
is this a reference to the chickens?


If by chickens you mean veiled reference to your wife and/or mother then you're too cool for school my friend.

- Doc

Yet you are the one admitting to chasing them chicken heads 3 times today.....oh, maybe you were intending to choke that chicken instead?

_________________
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: I'm not sure how I feel about this
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:29 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am
Posts: 12443
subgenius wrote:
Yet you are the one admitting to chasing them chicken heads 3 times today.....oh, maybe you were intending to choke that chicken instead?


Dude. I'll beat that chicken like it owes me money.

- Doc

_________________
In the anointed we find a whole class of supposedly ‘thinking people’ who do remarkably little thinking about substance and a great deal of verbal expression. - Dr. Thomas Sowell, Harvard, Columbia, University of Chicago


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Gunnar and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Revival Theme By Brandon Designs By B.Design-Studio © 2007-2008 Brandon
Revival Theme Based off SubLite By Echo © 2007-2008 Echo
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group