So far the economy is doing well under Trump

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_DarkHelmet
_Emeritus

So far the economy is doing well under Trump

Post by _DarkHelmet »

Whether the President has any real control over the state of the economy or not, they historically get credit when things are going well, and get the blame when things are going poorly. The economic numbers that were released today look good. Will Trump sieze the opportunity to build some momentum off of this good news and begin to pull himself out of the 35% approval hole he dug for himself, or will he continue to do stupid stuff that will quickly move this positive story to the back pages? If I was a betting man, I would put my money on the second option.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/04/news/ec ... index.html
"We have taken up arms in defense of our liberty, our property, our wives, and our children; we are determined to preserve them, or die."
- Captain Moroni - 'Address to the Inhabitants of Canada' 1775
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Re: So far the economy is doing well under Trump

Post by _The CCC »

Starting at the finishing line works for a little while, not so much after that first budget comes into play. Being handed a terrible economy and vastly improving it is harder than being handed a booming economy and slightly improving it. But we shall see if it remains.