NFL easy on Brady because he's white?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: NFL easy on Brady because he's white?

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote: So, again, BM can chow down on a dong. He's confused.

- Doc

I could never be around you in real life life. I'd bust all my ribs from laughing so hard.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Maxine Waters
_Emeritus

Post by _Maxine Waters »

Here Ajax, are the signs of physical abuse as described by the Texas Department of Family and Protective services, you slow leaking bucket of slime.

You'll relive these moments once you leave this world Jersey Girl. I hope you repent. Karma will not be kind.
“There were mothers who took this [Rodney King LA riots] as an opportunity to take some milk, to take some bread, to take some shoes ... They are not crooks.”

This liberal would be about socializing … uh, umm. … Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Maxine Waters wrote:
Here Ajax, are the signs of physical abuse as described by the Texas Department of Family and Protective services, you slow leaking bucket of slime.

You'll relive these moments once you leave this world Jersey Girl. I hope you repent. Karma will not be kind.

Why? Did I refer to a child's parent inflicted lacerations as a "spanking"?
Chinese Proverb
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Maxine Waters wrote:

If there really is such a thing as an afterlife and divine judgement and punishment or reward for what we said and did during mortality, you have much, much more cause to worry than Jersey Girl!
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Maxine Waters wrote:

If there really is such a thing as an afterlife and divine judgement and punishment or reward for what we said and did during mortality, you have much, much more cause to worry than Jersey Girl!

I'm pretty sure that my God doesn't mind my defending a member of one of the most vulnerable populations of our society to a person who would marginalize them by minimizing their abuse by calling lacerations on some of the most sensitive parts of a child's body, a "spanking".

In my mind, that's second only to the hand on the switch in terms of heinous behavior.
Chinese Proverb
_Maxine Waters
_Emeritus

Post by _Maxine Waters »

Hey Gunnar, how could I have forgotten about you. Do you pretty much agree with Brandon Marshall that the NFL took it easy on Brady because he's white and a quarterback?
“There were mothers who took this [Rodney King LA riots] as an opportunity to take some milk, to take some bread, to take some shoes ... They are not crooks.”

This liberal would be about socializing … uh, umm. … Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

You guys should go easy on Tom, he has real white people problems:

Tom Brady lives next to one of the top golf courses in the country. And now, following a two-year wait, he can finally play it.

The Patriots star became a member of The Country Club in Brookline recently, according to the Boston Globe, allowing both he and his wife, Gisele Bundchen, access to host of amenities provided by the club, including both the 18-hole and 9-hole golf courses adjacent to the couples' mansion.

Brady "quietly" became a member in recent weeks and has been seen playing golf with Bundchen by several members, according to the Globe.

The notoriously close-to-the-vest Country Club denied an application Brady/Bundchen two years ago per the Globe, fearing their membership would bring unwanted attention.

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2017/ ... n_gai.html
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Black Moclips
_Emeritus

Post by _Black Moclips »

I'd beat my kid right now if I thought he would become a pro-bowl running back in the NFL.
“A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.”
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Majax wrote:Hey Gunnar, how could I have forgotten about you. Do you pretty much agree with Brandon Marshall that the NFL took it easy on Brady because he's white and a quarterback?

I couldn't care less about that issue or Brandon Marshall's views on it. I am not that avid a sports fan, and I think that what professional athletes and sports teams get paid is way out of proportion to their intrinsic value to society. Nevertheless, I do admire great athletic ability and the value to both society and individuals of promoting physical as well as mental fitness.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

deleted post

― Harlan Ellison