Fox News: Bill O'Reilly out after harassment claims

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

It could happen to others ... or let's hope so.

Presenter Bill O'Reilly has been dropped from Fox News over sexual harassment claims, the company said in a one-sentence statement on Wednesday.
"After a thorough and careful review of the allegations... Bill O'Reilly will not be returning" the network said.
Mr O'Reilly has been on holiday since 12 April, and was photographed shaking hands with Pope Francis at the Vatican earlier on Wednesday.
More than 50 sponsors have withdrawn ads from his show, The O'Reilly Factor.
Pressure on Fox has mounted since recent reports that five women received $13m in payouts because of Mr O'Reilly's behaviour.
The prime-time presenter, who has been with the US network almost since its inception, has denied all of the allegations.
The decision comes after an emergency meeting of the 21st Century Fox board, New York Magazine reported.
Welcome to Fox News in the Donald Trump era. Mr Ailes is out. Mr O'Reilly is gone.
Presenter Megyn Kelly has bolted to NBC. The only giant left standing is Trump super-fan Sean Hannity.
A network that defined itself by blanket opposition to Barack Obama now appears adrift, challenged by more aggressive conservative media outlets and toxic to the left.
It's a tricky position to occupy - a victim of its own success… and hubris.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: Fox News: Bill O'Reilly out after harassment claims

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Another poster has already posted about this, but let me just say that O'Reilly is a nasty piece of work.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb