O'Reilly is gone.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: O'Reilly is gone.

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

DarkHelmet wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Crap.

- Doc

That site is much more subtle than The Onion, and many people have been burned by their stories. The story about Yoko Ono having an affair with Hillary Clinton made it's rounds among Trump supporters during the election. And there's a story on the site about German Scientists discovering proof of life after death. There are no obvious jokes in the article, and the comment section is filled with religious people rejoicing at the news. Googling that story shows that it made its way around social media as well. Although it claims to be satire, it reads more like a supermarket tabloid.

Usually I'm pretty sarcasm savvy. That's what I get for googling BO'R and swallowing the first salacious link that popped up. Sigh... Embarrassing. Lesson learned!

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

DarkHelmet wrote:That site is much more subtle than The Onion, and many people have been burned by their stories. The story about Yoko Ono having an affair with Hillary Clinton made it's rounds among Trump supporters during the election.

Conservatives frequently do not grasp humor and their sense of truth has been impaired by Fox News. Think of them as the aliens who were inspired by Grabthar's Hammer in Galaxy Quest.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Quasimodo wrote:All the rats in one trap? With the monumental egos of each of them, I don't think it would ever get beyond the "Glenn and Bill Show" or "Bill and Glenn Show" argument. Perhaps "Dumb and Dumber" might work. They could argue between themselves off air as to who was who.

Watch Bill and Glenn every Friday on the Blaze discussing such conservative values as Tinder, Hooters, and the theories of Cleon Skousen.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_grindael
_Emeritus

Post by _grindael »

Roger Ailes dropped dead today. Just waiting for O'Reilly to do the same. Two hypocrites who self destructed and showed the world what Conservatism is really all about.
Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.