How is Trumpcare doing?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Chap
_Emeritus

How is Trumpcare doing?

Post by _Chap »

Apparently it is a little bit stalled at present ... can't imagine why all the GOP guys aren't rushing to support it.

Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Xenophon
_Emeritus

Re: How is Trumpcare doing?

Post by _Xenophon »

The most intriguing part is that it is actually the far-right Freedom Caucus that is holding this up. And they are doing all this because.... it doesn't cut enough.

Earlier Thursday, conservative House Republicans had rebuffed an offer by Trump on Thursday to strip a key set of mandates from the nation’s current health-care law, raising doubts about whether House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) had the votes.

Of course, by cutting too much the run the risk of shunning the moderates they need to get it passed... what a mess

GOP leaders appeared to be making some headway in bringing the measure to the floor for a vote Thursday. The price for doing so, however, may be striking popular provisions in former president Barack Obama’s Affordable Care Act that could make it even more difficult to pass legislation in the Senate. This high-wire balancing act, in which Republicans are catering to conservatives in the House with the knowledge that they still must woo moderates to get legislation to Trump’s desk, could not only reshape the nation’s health-care system but could also have uncertain electoral repercussions for the new majority.

Source
"If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation." -Xenophon of Athens
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Re: How is Trumpcare doing?

Post by _Quasimodo »

Xenophon wrote:Of course, by cutting too much the run the risk of shunning the moderates they need to get it passed... what a mess

But it's a good mess! The replacement is purely a political question for Republicans. They don't seem to be very concerned about the welfare of the US people.

Anything that helps to defeat Trumpcare is a good thing.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.