MOre Russian fed Fake News

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

MOre Russian fed Fake News

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Amazing that even well after the election the Right Wing media is still propagating BS originating from Russia. In this case, the claim that the UK is spying on us. From Russia, to FOX, to Trump, to the American people. And it is all fake news.

https://mediamatters.org/blog/2017/03/1 ... acy/215751
_Chap
_Emeritus

Re: MOre Russian fed Fake News

Post by _Chap »

Color me unsurprised.

It seems that what Russian media say today, Fox News repeats tomorrow evening, and the president of the United States (or his spokesman) the morning after that.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Post by _The CCC »

It's called an Echo Chamber for a reason.
_BigBenAnna
_Emeritus

Post by _BigBenAnna »

I wonder if Russia will ever become a free speech nation in the near future. The globalisation doesn't help them at all. More and more people are becoming aware of lies coming from the official media. Their last resort would be censoring the Internet, which is not that hard to bypass.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Kevin Graham wrote:Amazing that even well after the election the Right Wing media is still propagating BS originating from Russia. In this case, the claim that the UK is spying on us. From Russia, to FOX, to Trump, to the American people. And it is all fake news.

https://mediamatters.org/blog/2017/03/1 ... acy/215751

media matters is nowhere close to being a reputable news source...the fox news of liberals indeed.

for a guy who says he live in Atlanta....
http://www.ajc.com/news/report-trump-to ... mZ4cYeAtK/

here comes the 1980s for their boogey-man
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

I was wondering when you were going to throw that out there. Of course FOX News was tripping over themselves with glee about this "report" but it does nothing to vindicate their original claims. Otherwise why did FOX fire the guy who said it?

Your own links says:

NEW YORK

New reports suggest Trump Tower was indeed wiretapped, but the wiretapping was not ordered by the man suggested in President Donald Trump's recent tweets.

According to ABC News, the FBI spent two years, ending in 2013, executing a court-approved warrant to eavesdrop on a money-laundering network that allegedly was being operated by a Russian mafia boss from a unit in Trump Tower in New York. The investigation did not implicate Trump.

Had nothing to do with Obama, had nothing to do with Trump, and it was well before the election.