Republican Hypocrisy on Deficit Spending

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Re: Republican Hypocrisy on Deficit Spending

Post by _subgenius »

Chap wrote:
subgenius wrote:<Tu quoque>

It is a little depressing to see the absolute lack of interest in denying that inflating the deficit like there's no tomorrow is exactly what the Republicans are planning to do.

Tu quote isn't applicable when the poster's is being hypocritical about their intolerance for hypocrisy.

But feel free to offer up some evidence on your claim of "exactly ... planning"
I mean evidence othe than your "feeling" it to be true.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Re: Republican Hypocrisy on Deficit Spending

Post by _Gunnar »

cinepro wrote:Which "Republicans" specifically? I think it might be incorrect to lump all "Republicans" together with Trump as if it's one big political mass. Only time will tell how unified they are, and as of right now, there are more than a few Republicans who are very interested in not inflating the deficit...

I suspect and hope that you are right, but are there enough of those Republicans currently in congress, and have they the backbone to stand up to Trump and the large contingent of wealthy, corporate donors and self-serving lobbyists he is trying to add to the swamp he falsely promised to drain?

I also hope and suspect that if Trump's blatant corruption and self-aggrandizement continues throughout his term, a growing number of basically decent Republicans will either disavow Trump and speak out strongly against him, or quit the Republican party altogether in disgust, as I already did years ago.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison