Meet PERFUME, our official Japanese Electro-pop group!!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: Meet PERFUME, our official Japanese Electro-pop group!!

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:An hour and 14 minutes may be a little long for a sampler--referring to the last YouTube link I posted--so here's something else I just discovered:

A medley of Perfume's first 62 songs, along with the corresponding videos, from the beginning up until 2011. Clocking in at only 13 minutes and 47 seconds, it works perfectly as a sampler to whet one's appetite for more.

ENJOY!!

Thanks, Shades! I'll take a listen tomorrow after a special lunch get together we're having.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

honorentheos wrote:Dear Shades,

Thanks for bumping this thread. Every time I see it at the top of the cue I am reminded that there is really little difference underpinning the LDS concept of spirit paradise and the Catholic concept of purgatory.

:)

:surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised:

Open your mind and let a little fresh breath of Perfume in, sir.

They're beautiful, talented and not trashy like so many American "artists".
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:A medley of Perfume's first 62 songs, along with the corresponding videos, from the beginning up until 2011. Clocking in at only 13 minutes and 47 seconds, it works perfectly as a sampler to whet one's appetite for more.

ENJOY!!

Shades I listened to the second video. Loved. it.

I think honor should be kicked off this thread unless you want him to use space here to erect a monument to his own ignorance.

Your call.

In any case, the ladies are fresh, beautiful, talented, classy, feminine, and I love their fashion sense.

And honor can kiss it. I really can't stand the man right now.
Chinese Proverb
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Post by _honorentheos »

Jersey Girl wrote:In any case, the ladies are fresh, beautiful, talented, classy, feminine, and I love their fashion sense.

And honor can kiss it. I really can't stand the man right now.

The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Snagged a ticket for the Seattle concert. Mrs. Ipsa just keeps shaking her head. Of course, she does that often.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Honor, even the Chipettes with synchronized animation cannot match these dance moves!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPshDTGndrs
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Jersey Girl wrote:They're beautiful, talented and not trashy like so many American "artists".

That's another facet of Perfume that is so likeable: They don't use sex to sell.

Shades I listened to the second video. Loved. it.

Awesome!!

In any case, the ladies are fresh, beautiful, talented, classy, feminine, and I love their fashion sense.

I agree 100% with each of those observations.

Res Ipsa wrote:Snagged a ticket for the Seattle concert. Mrs. Ipsa just keeps shaking her head.

My wife does the same thing. But hey, if my wife doesn't "get it," then that's on her.

I don't suppose you invited Mrs. Ipsa to go with you, did you?

Moksha wrote:Honor, even the Chipettes with synchronized animation cannot match these dance moves!

If anyone clicks on Moksha's link, be sure to subsequently click on the "maneuver dial" in the upper-left corner of the video. I didn't notice it upon first viewing, so getting to manipulate the camera angle on second viewing made the video much more enjoyable.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

I did. She said she’d pass.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Merry Christmas from Perfume . . . in English!

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Perfume sends their English-speaking fans some holiday wishes. . . as only Perfume can! See:

https://www.Facebook.com/Perfume.global ... 008271237/
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Res Ipsa wrote:I did. She said she’d pass.

Ugh. That's too bad; I'm sure she'll kick herself when you return and report how awesome it was.

Anyhow, the metaphorical hits just keep on comin'. Some enterprising individual, or group of individuals, transcribed the lyrics of Perfume's top 70 songs into English!

If you click on the link to any given song, it'll give you not only the English translations line-by-line, but the kanji and romanized Japanese off to the left as well so you can compare. It also helpfully gives you a link to the song's video at the top. Should you click on it, the video will play and the the lyrics will auto-scroll along in sync.

Pretty bitchin', wouldn't you say? So, if you ever wondered just what exactly they were singing, wonder no more:

--Louis Midgley