Super Smart Nerd Gurl

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_The Erotic Apologist
_Emeritus

Super Smart Nerd Gurl

Post by _The Erotic Apologist »

I love this pic. Telegraph operator, circa 1855. Occupational portraits like this one were all the rage in the 1840s and 50s.

Surprise, surprise, there is no divine mandate for the Church to discuss and portray its history accurately.
--Yahoo Bot

I pray thee, sir, forgive me for the mess. And whether I shot first, I'll not confess.
--Han Solo, from William Shakespeare's Star Wars
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: Super Smart Nerd Gurl

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

The style of dress back then looks both very cool and very uncomfortable at the same time.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_The Erotic Apologist
_Emeritus

Post by _The Erotic Apologist »

My wife has several dresses she wears over hoops at Civil War events. She says hoops are actually pretty comfortable, especially in hot weather.
Surprise, surprise, there is no divine mandate for the Church to discuss and portray its history accurately.
--Yahoo Bot

I pray thee, sir, forgive me for the mess. And whether I shot first, I'll not confess.
--Han Solo, from William Shakespeare's Star Wars
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

I imagine it's pretty breezy. I almost got one of these when I was hiking the Appalachian (saw some dudes sportin' it and thought it made sense):

I think the thing I can't wrap my head around is the corset women used to wear. I'd damned lose my mind.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.