New Report: Why Scientists Disagree about Global Warming

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: New Report: Why Scientists Disagree about Global Warming

Post by _Jersey Girl »

ldsfaqs wrote: (apparently not talking to you Jersey Girl, so don't bring it up)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

ldsfaqs wrote:See Jersey Girl.... You just did something liberal right there.

I did? Wanna see me do something Jersey?
Chinese Proverb
_MissTish
_Emeritus

Post by _MissTish »

ooh, ooh...i do!

People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people, Jeremy.- Super Hans

We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.- H. L. Mencken
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Let's not wade into Jersey Devil territory, Tish.

Chinese Proverb
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

The Heartland Institute and it's stable of climate deniers got to try out their schtick in a recent case on behalf of Peabody Coal. They were roundly thumped. https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... e-and-lost If you look at the Hearland "Paper" and the arguments made by Peabody Coal, you'll see that they come straight out of the same playbook. They use fake experts, outdated or refuted papers, misrepresented papers, and non-peer reviewed papers and blog posts. Actual climate experts who know what they are talking about blow them out of the water. Read the links in the article to see how bad the arguments are. Heartland is made up of the 3% fringe scientists who deny that humans are responsible for the current warming. They try to create the illusion that they are more than that.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

I heard that Jersey Girl put the devil in Jersey Devil....
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

MissTish wrote:ooh, ooh...i do!

:eek: :eek: :eek:
"And perchance your bones show up these generations hence, they will not be identifiable."

I really wouldn't mess with any of the Jerseyites on this site, ldsfaqs.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Jersey Girl wrote:
ldsfaqs wrote:See Jersey Girl.... You just did something liberal right there.

I did? Wanna see me do something Jersey?

Obiwan/ldsfaqs wrote:We are not talking about "adult" mutual consent, we are talking about attraction itself.
Further, you are mistaken to think that there is not mutual consent even in child molestation or pedophilia, especially concerning those in the teen years. Most teens are already sexually active by the time they are 13-14, thus choices are already being made, an adult getting in the mix wouldn't technically make a difference if there is the same free, no-forced choices occurring. Of course, SOCIETY places a standard of wrong in that, but that's not the same as what people actually do and think. To give an example, when I was in the Marine Corps, during my apostasy period, I had sex with what I presumed to be a 15 year old prostitute. Of course, she claimed to be 18, but I could tell otherwise. Was that wrong, certainly, and certainly by my own standards today, but it was certainly consensual and non-power based or forced. Of course, her pimp was clearly exerting power, cause we took longer then we apparently were supposed to, thus he wanted to make sure he was getting money, but anyway, all a sad thing.

Chinese Proverb