Gun activist/Christian/Republican/NRA Mom Shoots daughters

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Re: Gun activist/Christian/Republican/NRA Mom Shoots daughte

Post by _Kevin Graham »

But since you're validating by quantity, then prescription drugs should be first to be banned, eh doc?

Thanks for making our case for heavy regulation. Of course, you're too stupid to understand that I'm talking about the dramatic rise of direct-to-customer advertising which our free market capitalistic minded drug companies have paid through the nose to achieve. This is so dangerous that only two countries in the world have legalized it and beginning in the late 90's we're one of them.

So the drug companies got their way and are now able to advertise drugs on TV, assuring everyone with who has one of the numerous symptoms listed that they should go tell their doctor to prescribe it for them. And of course, the doctor will almost always do it too. Here is the result:

So we should heavily regulate once more and minimize the number of prescription overdoses. Same is true of gun ownership.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Mr. Subgenius' disconnect from reality is astonishing. Kevin nailed it.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Post by _The CCC »

subgenius wrote:
The CCC wrote:subs:

1. Prescription drugs have more uses than just to kill.

2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LORVfnFtcH0

so?
this doesn't negate the horrible logic being used to justify the poster's position...nor does your "2-for-1" bargain coupon mentality validate the deaths cause by prescription drugs.
You are literally proposing "acceptable losses" as a convenience to your political position on one issue.
So, likewise the "acceptable losses" of violent/illegal gun deaths are "worth it" because of the wars we have won and because of the countless instances of self-defense they have afforded.
Thanks for the agreement.

Apples and watermelons. I never said prescription drugs deaths were acceptable. by the way A certain of people will die each year from the simple act of ingesting aspirin in recommended doses. We're not about to outlaw all prescription drugs.

"There is no such thing as a good war, or a bad peace".
Benjamin Franklin

Plus I've never called for the banning of all firearms. ALL I've ever advocated for is keeping them out of the hands of those that shouldn't have them.
SEE http://www.alternet.org/civil-liberties ... -amendment
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

The CCC wrote:
Apples and watermelons. I never said prescription drugs deaths were acceptable. by the way A certain of people will die each year from the simple act of ingesting aspirin in recommended doses. We're not about to outlaw all prescription drugs.
then bringing up their "other uses" was simply a distraction, off-topic.
Benjamin Franklin
ok?
Plus I've never called for the banning of all firearms. ALL I've ever advocated for is keeping them out of the hands of those that shouldn't have them.
"those that shouldn't have them"?...we should put you in charge of that department
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

"those that shouldn't have them"?...we should put you in charge of that department

Oh, so you're saying everyone, without exception, should be able to own a gun?

Schizophrenics, terrorists, and why the hell not, toddlers too!

I mean, otherwise who would you put in charge of that department, the NRA?

You're about to breach Ldsfaqs levels of stupidity.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Subgenius,

Who would you bar from owning a gun?

Are there any policies you would implement when a person would want to buy a gun?

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Post by _The CCC »

subgenius wrote:
The CCC wrote:
then bringing up their "other uses" was simply a distraction, off-topic.
Benjamin Franklin
ok?

The elimination of Small Pox, near elimination of Polio, Heart medicine, to name but a very few.

You could do worse, but I don't want the job.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Subgenius,

Inmates, minors, and non-citizens
Are there any policies you would implement when a person would want to buy a gun?
Yes, of course, because deep down I am a megalomaniac
- Doc
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

subgenius wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Subgenius,

Inmates, minors, and non-citizens
Yes, of course, because deep down I am a megalomaniac
- Doc

Inmates? I'm not sure anyone would give an incarcerated persona a weapon. ??

What policies would you implement for gun ownership?

- Doc