Upon seeing a San Francisco Tattoo in a British Newspaper

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Upon seeing a San Francisco Tattoo in a British Newspaper

Post by _MeDotOrg »

There' s a Tour Guide where I work who has a Bernie Sanders tattoo. Now I'm pretty political, but I would be very wary about that. I suppose if you got a Harold Stassen tattoo in 1942, you would have gotten a lifetime's worth of use out of it, I would have been pissed if I got a McGovern/Eagleton tattoo - or a Nixon/Agnew tattoo...uh I guess '72 wasn't a great year for Presidential Ticket Tattoos.

Imagine my surprise this morning, when reading The Guardian from Great Britain, I come across a picture of the guy's tattoo:

He had taken part in a demonstration against a big bucks Hillary fundraiser here in San Francisco.
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Re: Upon seeing a San Francisco Tattoo in a British Newspape

Post by _Quasimodo »

I know that tattoos are very popular at the moment, but I still don't understand the attraction. I had a conversation with a nephew the other day and told him that I thought it would be like buying a paisley shirt in the sixties and never being able to take it off. You are stuck with a fleeting fashion that you will have to live with for the rest of your life.

If I was forced to get one, it would be something generic. Maybe just the word TATTOO. :wink:
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

Quasimodo wrote:I know that tattoos are very popular at the moment, but I still don't understand the attraction. I had a conversation with a nephew the other day and told him that I thought it would be like buying a paisley shirt in the sixties and never being able to take it off. You are stuck with a fleeting fashion that you will have to live with for the rest of your life.

If I was forced to get one, it would be something generic. Maybe just the word TATTOO. :wink:

I'm with you. People are so cavalier about putting statements on their bodies for the rest of their lives.

I'd get a mustache finger tattoo:

During the 60's and 70's, ways to get out of the draft circulated in the anti-war movement. It's probably apocryphal, but there was a story about a guy who got out of the Army by getting F*Celestial Kingdom THE ARMY on the outside of his right (saluting) hand. I dunno...maybe they just had the guy wear uniform dress gloves in boot camp...

Just found these Buddha Tattoos. I really think the two on the right are extraordinarily beautiful.

"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
- Donald Trump
- Edwin Land
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

I never have and likely never will understand self mutilation. My aging body is already losing its charm without me helping it along.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

Some Schmo wrote:I never have and likely never will understand self mutilation. My aging body is already losing its charm without me helping it along.

So, you are not going with a Homer tat on your back?
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

My wife has "Your Name" tattooed on her butt. Used to win a lot of bar bets.

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_just me
_Emeritus

Post by _just me »

There was a woman on Full Frontal last night with a Bernie tat.

http://www.hitfix.com/news/samantha-bee ... supporters

Both those tats are smarter than this guy!

~Those who benefit from the status quo always attribute inequities to the choices of the underdog.~Ann Crittenden
~The Goddess is not separate from the world-She is the world and all things in it.~
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Quasimodo wrote:So, you are not going with a Homer tat on your back?

My butt already looks alarmingly like my avatar.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

Some Schmo wrote:
Quasimodo wrote:So, you are not going with a Homer tat on your back?

My butt already looks alarmingly like my avatar.

Less information is needed ;-)
- Will Durant
- Donald Trump
- Edwin Land