Why Is Success Bad

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: Why Is Success Bad

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

What's the deal with these assholes cutting and running? I've now seen Bach and Ajax pull this crap multiple times.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_just me
_Emeritus

Post by _just me »

canpakes wrote:
just me wrote:
My husband has built several of his own companies and accomplished the things on your list. Please tell me why that matters.

Sorry, breaktime is over and he's heading back to the front of the store to welcome the shoppers.

*snort*

Of course, there's nothing wrong with that, except in the mind of Bach.
~Those who benefit from the status quo always attribute inequities to the choices of the underdog.~Ann Crittenden
~The Goddess is not separate from the world-She is the world and all things in it.~
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

Bach, have you ever taken a class in finance? If not, you're not qualified to ask me questions.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Gadianton wrote:Bach, have you ever taken a class in finance? If not, you're not qualified to ask me questions.

with arrogant elitist talk like this you must be a Democrat...wait, but if you know anything about economics....
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Bach
_Emeritus

Post by _Bach »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:What's the deal with these assholes cutting and running? I've now seen Bach and Ajax pull this s*** multiple times.

- Doc

Well this asshole apologizes for not being responsive to your demands. It can be a bit of a schedule challenge, from time to time, managing payrolls of over 1,500 employees and ensuring we are paying taxes, providing non governmental jobs, and trying to create a future for hard working people that our government can't.

Sorry I can't be like your type of asshole here who spend their entire life on message boards creating who knows what for who knows whom and our economy. Perhaps just a small part of the difference between us "doers" and "takers" here.

But then I didn't get a degree, as most here obviously have, from the University of I-Pad. Obviously don't have your credentials and vast experience.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Awesome. Bach has the time to post a butthurt comment, but can't actually be bothered to answer a question like:

Bach,

Why do you believe people here think 'success' is bad? Most of us embrace excellence and have had at one point or another successful lives, careers, and yes, made good money. Please answer the question.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Kittens_and_Jesus
_Emeritus

Post by _Kittens_and_Jesus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Awesome. Bach has the time to post a butthurt comment, but can't actually be bothered to answer a question like:

Bach,

Why do you believe people here think 'success' is bad? Most of us embrace excellence and have had at one point or another successful lives, careers, and yes, made good money. Please answer the question.

- Doc

What's worse is that Bach had the time to create the OP, but is just too damn busy being a great capitalist to address any responses in a substantial way. Why bother posting here at all if you're too busy being a captain of industry, or was it robber baron?
As soon as you concern yourself with the 'good' and 'bad' of your fellows, you create an opening in your heart for maliciousness to enter. Testing, competing with, and criticizing others weaken and defeat you. - O'Sensei
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Kittens_and_Jesus wrote:What's worse is that Bach had the time to create the OP, but is just too damn busy being a great capitalist to address any responses in a substantial way.

Bach can't respond because he's too busy cleaning up a spaghetti sauce spill on aisle 9.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Does Bach work for WalMart, and if so why are people bagging on him for it? Why would working for WalMart be considered embarrassing?

- Doc

_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Does Bach work for WalMart, and if so why are people bagging on him for it? Why would working for WalMart be considered embarrassing?

- Doc

My own comments don't concern Walmart, rather his continued questioning about anyone else's capacity to understand how a business operates while providing no evidence of his own understanding.