The Gop Clown Car 2016

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Nomomo
_Emeritus

Re: The Gop Clown Car 2016

Post by _Nomomo »

The Universe is stranger than we can imagine.
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Post by _The CCC »

Nomomo wrote:Mike Huckabee Set the Bar Really High for the Worst Reaction to the Same-Sex Marriage Ruling
http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2015/06/mike-huckabee-just-set-bar-really-high-worst-reaction-same-sex-marriage

And everyone else too. I'm just as religious as Huckleberry, probably more so. This guy scares me with what he wants to do.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

The CCC wrote:And everyone else too. I'm just as religious as Huckleberry, probably more so. This guy scares me with what he wants to do.

I really don't care much about religion any more. I realized last night I hadn't been in the terrestrial forum in ages, so I went to check it out, only to realize I don't visit it because the topics bore me. People can believe whatever the hell they want. I know way too many very religious people are are decent and good to condemn their private beliefs - as long as they stay private.

The only issue I have with religion these days is when some yahoo attempts to use his/her religion as a bludgeon to force others to bend to their "godly" will (especially via public policy). That's when I say, “F” off with your religion.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Nomomo
_Emeritus

Post by _Nomomo »

The CCC wrote:
Nomomo wrote:Mike Huckabee Set the Bar Really High for the Worst Reaction to the Same-Sex Marriage Ruling
http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2015/06/mike-huckabee-just-set-bar-really-high-worst-reaction-same-sex-marriage

And everyone else too. I'm just as religious as Huckleberry, probably more so. This guy scares me with what he wants to do.
Meet Scary, Scarier, and Scariest

_Nomomo
_Emeritus

Post by _Nomomo »

Dazed Marco Rubio Wakes Up In Koch Compound To Find Cold Metal Device Installed Behind Ear
"Hello Marco, We Will Now Begin The Program," Says Soothing Voice

_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

The leading GOP candidates (even Ben Carson, the one black candidate!) scarcely even try to hide the fact that they aim to suppress the vote and aspirations of minorities--especially non-white minorities. As long as people like them continue to dominate the Republican Party, that party will eventually enter ever deeper into an unrecoverable death spiral. Their only hope of surviving is if the increasingly desperate misinformation campaign sure to be financed and waged by avaricious and anti-science billionaires such as the Koch brothers succeeds in their goal of duping enough of the electorate and insulating them from reality.

I am deeply saddened that people like ldsfaqs, who will probably stand to lose the most if these scoundrels actually prevail, allow themselves to be so thoroughly duped by them.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison