Liberal Racism: Confessions of a Public Defender

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Re: Liberal Racism: Confessions of a Public Defender

Post by _Quasimodo »

Damn, ajax, there must be some country where you can go that has no taxes.

Someplace where all roads and bridges are owned by private corporations that require a toll every time you use them. Where fire departments and police departments are privately owned and will bill you for each and every rescue.

Someplace where you need to put coins into a slot to get hygienic water or use the toilet in your house. A place where the corporately owned military bills you personally for your share of whatever war they are fighting.

A country where you are required to sweep, repair and snow plow the road in front of your house and any adjacent main roads. A paradise.

I hope you find one and can move your family there soon.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

They can mess up your afterlife (send you to a lower kingdom for eternity)

Your afterlife is between you and God. Even the Church admits that God is the ultimate judge, not your bishop.

prevent you from attending your daughter's wedding

They can do that. Some just look at the tithing that year as part of the wedding expense. That still doesn't come close to what the IRS can do to people nor the arbitrary and partisan way in which they can do it.

Coerced government redistribution hurts both the giver and the receiver. The giver has no choice, thus his intent and attitude is of no consequence, and it counts for nothing for him. The receiver loses his sense of gratitude because the check is just an entitlement. There's no name or face to put with the sacrifice required for that check to be provided. He also loses his sense of self worth and falls prey to the curse of idleness.
Last edited by ICCrawler - ICjobs on Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Straight from the Redneck Misinformation and Fuzzy Thinking Division

MLK would have been one of us!

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/tea-party-mlk-wild-bill-cowby
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

No one pointed it out yet, but BCSpace is quoting a white supremacist publication. "Liberal," as we all know, is the apt political label for someone who submits viciously racist commentary to white supremacist magazines.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Bazooka wrote:
ajax18 wrote:No where does Elder Uchtdorf say that large governments must be built up to tax working people and redistribute their earnings as the government sees fit.

Elder Uchtdorf sits at the head of an organisation that taxes members 10% of their income to be distributed as that organisation sees fit.

Thanks for making the point in a simpler way than I did.

Not true. The amount offered is voluntary and at the rate and frequency as determined by the donor.
The only "tax" in the equation is the deduction from the IRS.
And note that the donation can be allocated to a variety of recipients listed on the appropriate receipt.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Oh, the voyeur comment was a notice of how often you prefer to post observation instead of consideration. As if you your position is upon a perch, peering upon the activity. ...squawking on occasion to be heard.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

EAllusion wrote:No one pointed it out yet, but BCSpace is quoting a white supremacist publication.

Bc needs to get his information from somewhere that proves his point against liberals. Sometimes he has to dig deep and occasionally hits a cesspool. However, you might consider this a public service since he frees potentially hazardous methane gas from building up.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Post by _ludwigm »

Quasimodo wrote:Damn, ajax, there must be some country where you can go that has no taxes.
In the written world, it is Men Like Gods by H.G.Wells

Quasimodo wrote:Someplace where all roads and bridges are owned by private corporations that require a toll every time you use them. Where fire departments and police departments are privately owned and will bill you for each and every rescue.

Someplace where you need to put coins into a slot to get hygienic water or use the toilet in your house. A place where the corporately owned military bills you personally for your share of whatever war they are fighting.

A country where you are required to sweep, repair and snow plow the road in front of your house and any adjacent main roads. A paradise.
The only difference is that nobody should pay; the resources of the society are provided by the serving of Utopia's people.
Men Like Gods is notable for a number of set pieces: ... a description of how society could function without money;

Quasimodo wrote:I hope you find one and can move your family there soon.
He had found it. The Country of the Blind by the same writer.

While attempting to summit the unconquered crest of Parascotopetl (a fictitious mountain in Ecuador), a mountaineer named Nuñez (prn: noon-yes) slips and falls down the far side of the mountain. At the end of his descent, down a snow-slope in the mountain's shadow, he finds a valley, cut off from the rest of the world on all sides by steep precipices. Unbeknownst to Nuñez, he has discovered the fabled "Country of the Blind". The valley had been a haven for settlers fleeing the tyranny of Spanish rulers, until an earthquake reshaped the surrounding mountains, cutting the valley off forever from future explorers. The isolated community prospered over the years, despite a disease that struck them early on, rendering all newborns blind. As the blindness slowly spreads over many generations, the people's remaining senses sharpened, and by the time the last sighted villager had died, the community had fully adapted to life without sight.

"Then afterwards one of the elders, who thought deeply, had an idea. He was a great doctor among these people, their medicine-man, and he had a very philosophical and inventive mind, and the idea of curing Nunez of his peculiarities appealed to him. One day when Yacob was present he returned to the topic of Nunez. "I have examined Nunez," he said, "and the case is clearer to me. I think very probably he might be cured."

"This is what I have always hoped," said old Yacob.

"His brain is affected," said the blind doctor.

The elders murmured assent.

"Now, what affects it?"

"Ah!" said old Yacob.

This," said the doctor, answering his own question. "Those queer things that are called the eyes, and which exist to make an agreeable depression in the face, are diseased, in the case of Nunez, in such a way as to affect his brain. They are greatly distended, he has eyelashes, and his eyelids move, and consequently his brain is in a state of constant irritation and distraction."

"Yes?" said old Yacob. "Yes?"

"And I think I may say with reasonable certainty that, in order to cure him complete, all that we need to do is a simple and easy surgical operation--namely, to remove these irritant bodies."

"And then he will be sane?"

"Then he will be perfectly sane, and a quite admirable citizen."

"Thank Heaven for science!" said old Yacob"
- Whenever a poet or preacher, chief or wizard spouts gibberish, the human race spends centuries deciphering the message. - Umberto Eco
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. - Cardinal Bellarmine at the trial of Galilei
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

Quasimodo wrote:Damn, ajax, there must be some country where you can go that has no taxes.

Someplace where all roads and bridges are owned by private corporations that require a toll every time you use them. Where fire departments and police departments are privately owned and will bill you for each and every rescue.

I hope you find one and can move your family there soon.

The nice thing about this system is that you do not have to vote for anybody or listen to any annoying elections. The owners decide and make the rules. They of course deserve that power and you deserve to obey.
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

subgenius wrote:you are somewhat of a voyeur, are you not?

Notice, subgenius, how bazooka indirectly inserts the notion of government control in his defense of a false notion of "compassion" thus adding to Uchtdorf's words something that wasn't there in the first place. If Uchtdorf accepts official LDS doctrine, and I think most people agree he does, then Uchtdorf necessarily is a Conservative.
Machina Sublime
Satan's Plan Deconstructed.
Your Best Resource On Joseph Smith's Polygamy.
Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.