in dog we trust

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_ludwigm
_Emeritus

in dog we trust

Post by _ludwigm »

The $500 (£329) mat lay at the entrance to the office in Pinellas County for two months before someone noticed, a spokeswoman said.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-30828694
- Whenever a poet or preacher, chief or wizard spouts gibberish, the human race spends centuries deciphering the message. - Umberto Eco
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. - Cardinal Bellarmine at the trial of Galilei
_The Erotic Apologist
_Emeritus

Re: in dog we trust

Post by _The Erotic Apologist »

Did you hear the one about the dyslexic atheist who didn't believe in dog?
Surprise, surprise, there is no divine mandate for the Church to discuss and portray its history accurately.
--Yahoo Bot

I pray thee, sir, forgive me for the mess. And whether I shot first, I'll not confess.
--Han Solo, from William Shakespeare's Star Wars
_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Post by _ludwigm »

For me, it is not about dyslexia. It is about reading comprehension.

- How many clients stepped in - in two months?
- How many times stepped in the sheriff himself? ("The rug was put away on Wednesday after a deputy spotted the mistake.")
- Whenever a poet or preacher, chief or wizard spouts gibberish, the human race spends centuries deciphering the message. - Umberto Eco
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. - Cardinal Bellarmine at the trial of Galilei
_Zadok
_Emeritus

Post by _Zadok »

The Erotic Apologist wrote:Did you hear the one about the dyslexic atheist who didn't believe in dog?
When I knew him he was also suffering from acute insomnia, and only agnostic. So mostly he laid awake at night wondering if there was a dog.
A friendship that requires agreement in all things, is not worthy of the term friendship.
_The Erotic Apologist
_Emeritus

Post by _The Erotic Apologist »

Zadok wrote:
The Erotic Apologist wrote:Did you hear the one about the dyslexic atheist who didn't believe in dog?
When I knew him he was also suffering from acute insomnia, and only agnostic. So mostly he laid awake at night wondering if there was a dog.

Yeah, and he was probably very confused by the Sherlock Holmes story about the God that didn't bark.
Surprise, surprise, there is no divine mandate for the Church to discuss and portray its history accurately.
--Yahoo Bot

I pray thee, sir, forgive me for the mess. And whether I shot first, I'll not confess.
--Han Solo, from William Shakespeare's Star Wars