The McRib sandwich is back!!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Re: The McRib sandwich is back!!

Post by _Gadianton »

(warning to shades: some disturbing content follows)

I had to make a stop for last minute food items this afternoon and along with that, came implications that I would not be eating for a while. Since I hadn't eaten anything for breakfast and I just don't have the fire I once did to starve myself in order to eat as much turkey and mashed potatoes as possible, I was drawn by the golden arches in the same lot as the store I had been at. I remembered my promise, and so I snuck into the drive-through. I had to be fast with the cheating. I ordered a McRib and also a McChicken to hedge my bet, in case the 'rib was too tiny, and pulled into a parking stall.

Honestly, the photos did not prepare me for the McRib. I was a little shaken, because there was no way I could possibly eat both and still eat a reasonable amount for dinner. I also saw that it was going to be heavy and rich, and it was a terrible idea to buy one for a snack. So I pulled off the pickles of course and tried a couple bites. Not bad. Although, probably a little rich for me even on a normal day -- I'm not big on BBQ sauce. I considered I'd need to buy one again for a proper review on a regular day. But what was I going to do with this one?

I still had to eat something and so I finished off the McChicken and there was no way I could risk eating more than that. It's not in my blood to throw away food but not too sure it's going to reheat well. I was able to sneak it inside and get it into a secondary fridge, but there's going to be thanksgiving dinner still, and leftovers for the next day, and so when will I be able to eat this? maybe for breakfast? I wish I could have given it to Shades, because I fear this McRib may be headed for the trash due to forces outside of my control. Either way, I can't fairly rate a re-heated one.

Judging by the two bites I had, I can't say I like it more than the McChicken. I'll admit its a great value and I imagine is a meal in itself when taking into consideration richness and calories, but the McChicken is still more calorie for the buck.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Analytics and Gadianton:

At least you tried, and for that both of you are to be commended.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

I have a friend at work who is just as ga ga over McRib's as you seem to be, Shades. The problem is that this guy is about 100 lbs overweight, and I always have an issue trying to embrace certain food items when they are worshiped by the obese. It all stems from the time I was eating at a Cracker Barrel when two very large women dressed in tight spandex walked by my table. Between seeing the cauliflower dimples in their asses and the buttery grease my carrots were swimming in, I've never been able to eat at a Cracker Barrel again.

I tried a McRib years ago, and I remember being unimpressed. Thing is, I love ribs, so naturally, the thing fell short. As I always tell my friend, ribs are bones, and there are no bones in that sandwich (at least, non-pureed bones). Mulched meat byproduct molded into a particular shape doesn't make that food real or worthy of the shape's name (or consumption, for that matter). A McRib patty is to ribs what a teddy bear is to a grizzly.

I'm glad you enjoy the taste experience, but I fear for what you allow to pass your lips and into your body. You'd likely derive more nutrition from the sandwich's packaging. You should always be concerned about your diet if the way something tastes is more important to you than what your body gets out of it.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

This being the internet and all, there is (of course) a website dedicated to locating McRibs in your area:

http://mcriblocator.com/

I cannot say I ever remember having a McRib Sandwich (repressed memory?), but I shall endeavor to do so and will report back.
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land