Needing feedback on some webdesigning...

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Nephi

Needing feedback on some webdesigning...

Post by _Nephi »

I am redesigning how MDB looks. This isn't going to become the actual layout, but I am doing this for personal knowledge and gain. This is an image of what the logo in the upper left would look like, and the rest of the site would revolve around it. Suggestions? People like, hate? I appreciate any feedback, constructive or not...

_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

I'm not fond of the teal lettering - or the lettering itself. I'd prefer something a bit more crisp........ or it's okay if it's not tight font but has to be easily read. That's not so much.

Um..I think the "discussion evolved" is clever. But I think I'd go with someone other than Richard Nixon (look-a-like?).

If the entire site would revolve about that color scheme I'd not be happy with it.......
_Nephi

Post by _Nephi »

barrelomonkeys wrote:I think I'd go with someone other than Richard Nixon (look-a-like?).

Its not a Big Dick look alike. Its a missionary :P
_mormonmistress
_Emeritus

Post by _mormonmistress »

barrelomonkeys wrote:I'm not fond of the teal lettering - or the lettering itself. I'd prefer something a bit more crisp........ or it's okay if it's not tight font but has to be easily read. That's not so much....

I have to agree. DOn't really like the colour or the font and I think the grey background is a little dark.

Try a site like this. http://www.hypergurl.com/colormatch.php Once you pick a base colour, it gives you the codes for other colours that match. If you steer clear of bright colours, you'll find that more people will like your designs.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Nephi wrote:
barrelomonkeys wrote:I think I'd go with someone other than Richard Nixon (look-a-like?).

wouldn't that be discussion devolved?
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_Nephi

Post by _Nephi »

Mercury wrote:
Nephi wrote:

wouldn't that be discussion devolved?

Waiting for someone to say that, heh... I just thought that he visually fit, that's all.
_Nephi

Post by _Nephi »

mormonmistress wrote:
barrelomonkeys wrote:I'm not fond of the teal lettering - or the lettering itself. I'd prefer something a bit more crisp........ or it's okay if it's not tight font but has to be easily read. That's not so much....

I have to agree. DOn't really like the colour or the font and I think the grey background is a little dark.

Try a site like this. http://www.hypergurl.com/colormatch.php Once you pick a base colour, it gives you the codes for other colours that match. If you steer clear of bright colours, you'll find that more people will like your designs.

That is a freggin awesome link!!! Thank you sooo much!