The GOP Is Leading

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Re: The GOP Is Leading

Post by _ajax18 »

And of course Obama will veto these stupid bills.

And the Democratic party will be held accountable for those vetos. No more hiding behind Harry Reid.

It may not stop the beating I'm going to take come tax time this April, but it certainly would have been worse under a triumvirate of Obama, Pelosi, and Reid.
Last edited by ICCrawler - ICjobs on Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Kevin Graham wrote:

Doesn't matter, Republican will now have the power to begin their Class Warfare in earnest.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

moksha wrote:
Kevin Graham wrote:

Doesn't matter, Republican will now have the power to begin their Class Warfare in earnest.

whereas the Dems prefer the classes just as they are now.

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

Alaska and Virginia Senate races still undecided. I'm guessing those will split though still praying for a miracle in Virginia. Louisiana goes to a runoff with the "third party" candidate (actually another Republican) was the Conservative vote so those likely go GOP. GOP Senate at +7. Prediction: Will grow to +8. Could grow to +9. +10 not out of the question though highly unlikely.

GOP House stands at +14 (a 28 seat swing) and I'm still hopeful for some California districts not yet called. The Republican narrowly leads in each of Districts 7,16, and 52.

The GOP stands at +3 in Governorships. While we morn Pennsylvania, it's not unexpected. Moderate pre-election expectations were that the Republicans might go -2 in these races but we fended off some very strong assaults. I think we're set here as the Dems seem likely to hold the remaining 3 uncalled states.

Controlling state governments is critical because the party that controls the state controls the vote counting in that state so a GOP held state can potentially fend off Democratic shenanigans such as endless recounts, illegals and the dead voting, or "the union man's wife always votes twice" (current location and previous maiden location) etc.

And let's be honest, both parties gerrymander like crazy. However, it's been in the public's best interests for that last 50-60 years that the GOP gets to do it and it remains that way for the foreseeable future. So let's keep it red for the next 6 years when the next census comes out.
Machina Sublime
Satan's Plan Deconstructed.
Your Best Resource On Joseph Smith's Polygamy.
Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

subgenius wrote:

Snopes lists other figures. My guess is that someone at Associate Press pulled this one out of thin air or perhaps their butt. Forbes estimate seems more accurate. That percentage of increase is only something you would expect from Exxon.

Republicans will not be at war with Obama because of his net worth.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

So 28 Senators so far who voted for Obamacare are gone over these last two elections. Did someone make a Grease Spot Prophecy?

:lol:
Machina Sublime
Satan's Plan Deconstructed.
Your Best Resource On Joseph Smith's Polygamy.
Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.