O/T venting

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Re: O/T venting

Post by _Quasimodo »

I think it says more about management than it does about the line employees.

The gal at the drive up window gets paid the same whether she hands out a tray or not. The manager thinks he saves a couple of cents whenever a customer leaves without a tray or napkins.

I think I've seen a trend at some fast food places where it seems that employees have been told not to offer any extras unless the customer requests it. I always check my bag before I drive away.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

If the job paid a more attractive wage, then it might become a more viable option for people with bigger brains, thereby increasing the employee pool to choose from.

More attractive than what, another job paying the $15/hr minimum wage? More attractive than living off welfare? Is that it, the smartest people are already on welfare? We need a higher minimum wage to make their phony disabilities disappear?
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Some Schmo wrote:I say this because I come from a country that does have a higher minimum wage, . . .

What country are you from?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Some Schmo wrote:I say this because I come from a country that does have a higher minimum wage, . . .

What country are you from?

I'd prefer not to divulge that information. I've already said too much about myself on this board.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Bach
_Emeritus

Post by _Bach »

Some Schmo wrote:I'd prefer not to divulge that information. I've already said too much about myself on this board.

The exact words of our current President!!! Bravo!
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

Bach wrote:
Some Schmo wrote:I'd prefer not to divulge that information. I've already said too much about myself on this board.

The exact words of our current President!!! Bravo!

You seem to be having a little trouble determining what the topic of the thread might be, Bach. No worries, age and experience will help with that.

If you have a problem with what you think Obama's country of origin is and want to discuss it, you can always start a new thread (in Off Topic).

Best be prepare to duck, though.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

msnobody wrote:Okay, so I go to Zaxby's this evening order three salads and three drinks.

Man, you must've been really hungry and really thirsty!
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_just me
_Emeritus

Post by _just me »

Quasimodo wrote:

LOL! Bach is a master at running away. Expert level 1000.
~Those who benefit from the status quo always attribute inequities to the choices of the underdog.~Ann Crittenden
~The Goddess is not separate from the world-She is the world and all things in it.~
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

just me wrote:
Quasimodo wrote:

LOL! Bach is a master at running away. Expert level 1000.

You're saying he's bach and forth? That he runs when his bach is against the wall? He leaves when he can't bach up his nonsense?

The crazy bacher. He'll be bach.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_msnobody
_Emeritus

Post by _msnobody »

How do you stand there with your face in the window, with a full view of the inside of the tiny car, and suggest that there are invisible people in the car? Perhaps some of these minimum wage employees are *gasp*-- overpaid! I do admit, I'd hate for someone with one brain cell waste it thinking about a cup holder.

Now, it certainly could have been the car. It's sort of crappy.
"The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desire of those who fear him; he also hears their cry and saves them.” Psalm 145:18-19 ESV